ACN Latitudes Forums

sticking chest out

PowPow

my 7yo has been sticking her chest out /arching her back many times an hour for the last few weeks. Has anyone seen this?

she has been successfully treated with steroids three times for vocal tics and fears/anxiety, but this is new.

she has difficulties wearing a seatbelt,and sitting in a chair, due to "i have to move my stomach" & what I think is restless legs or.something like it.

she also has increased urinary frequency.

seeing pandas doc on friday...

I don't know of this helps at all, but one motor tic that our DD (also 7) has sounds very similar... She will suck in her stomach and then let it out. It looks like she is arching her back but if you see her doing it without clothes on, it's really her stomach that's moving. We talked to Dr. T recently and mentioned it and he said that's actually a VERY common tic among PANDAS kids ... Best of luck on Friday!

Sounds like a tic to me. I don't think ds has had that particular movement, but he did have some involving his torso. He also cannot stand seatbelts because of a tic in his hip. They can pop up anywhere and the movements can be large or small.

I'm sorry your little one is dealing with this. I hope Friday's appt goes well.

Thanks! Last time we saw the doc (when things were looking good) she said we might do IVIG if things worsened.

It just clicked in my head that I have 2 kids (not this one)currently sick with pneumonia (CXR confirmed) responsive to Zithromax.. so, maybe that explains her uptick in symptoms-- she developed a significant cold and fever the week the first developed the pneumonia. This was about 3 weeks ago. Maybe upping her abx (she is on 3/4 tsp zithro QD ) will help?? just thinking out loud here.

Sometimes it takes me a little while to put 2 and 2 together..