ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone read this book?

dut

Infectious Behavior -Brain-Immune Connections in Autism, Schizophrenia, and Depression

http://www.amazon.com/Infectious-Behavior-Brain-Immune-Connections-Schizophrenia/dp/0262016451/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347259769&sr=1-2&keywords=infectious+behaviour

I was wondering if anyone had read it and if you thought it worth getting?

He also has an interetsing blog.. mainly autism BPD and depression but mentions PANDAS.

I am about halfway through it. While it is very interesting, I haven't yet read anything that makes me say "ah ha!". It's a scientist's look at how infection affects generations of people. The assertions are solidly backed up with summaries of laboratory studies and retrospective analysis of survivors of challenging times (e.g., famine). Glad I was able to borrow it from the library as it is not a 'must-have' for the home library, IMHO. Not finding any practical, ready-to-apply Information, but still very interesting!

In case you haven't heard about it already, the author of the book, Paul Patterson, participated in a discussion with Beth Maloney (Saving Sammy). I haven't listened to it yet, but it's possible you could hit the highlights of his book by listening to their discussion. I'm sure you could find a link to the audio archive on the Internet somewhere.