ACN Latitudes Forums

USF Rothman program~~going soon!

The RMH West house is the quietest. Ppl tend to keep to themselves there. The East is lively. We live in Florida & have been staying there for years. The staff are amazing, fine volunteers but some need work. If you are staying for Weeks & are going to hibernate in your room, they will check out a tv to watch videos on. If any questions ask me, I literally lived there 5 days a week for almost a year. Love them!!

I received the new patient packet from Rothman a few weeks ago. It is the first time I have seen the question, "If you are the parent, are there topics that you would prefer not discussed in front of the child? For example, family history, the child's symptoms, peer relationships?"

I was most impressed by their sensitivity in asking this question. Every psychiatrist or psychologist we have ever seen (and there have been many) has seemed surprised when I asked to speak privately about certain matters. We have even taken a babysitter with us to appts. so as to not torture my son with hearing about all of his "issues." Keeping his self-esteem intact over the years has been quite a struggle and not speaking about all of his symptoms in front of him has helped.

We will be at Rothman the week after Thanksgiving and I have been nothing but impressed by my interactions with the staff and Dr. Storch so far.

MDmom~that is good news!I am always thinking someone is going to ask dd if she ever thinks about "cutting" she does not even know what this is!

She is warming up to idea of RMH. We're on the list and I said if she hates it,we can look elsewhere. It's off season so I don't think all the hotels will be booked...

MCnuggets...

We are renting a house in St. Pete Beach that is affordable - we are getting a monthly rate for a 3 week stay, which is less expensive than the weekly rate.

If you choose to rent something, go to vrbo.com and you will find lots of affordable condos - lots with pool access.