ACN Latitudes Forums

pertussis vaccine

ibcdbwc

I have read in other posts about titres as a way of declining boosters. In our state it is only religious and medical waivers allowed. My son has documented immunity to diptheria and tetanus. Doctors say no way to demonstrate immunity to pertussis and considering recent "outbreaks," he needs vaccine. No way to separate the vaccine and deliver just pertussis so he would need full Dtap. Son has been flare free since late spring. Please advise on which route to take. Do we roll the dice?

Tried to get medical exemption in nj- even with neuro's note they would not accept it . NJ has really tough requirements for medical exemption.

We took the religious exemption- I have not hear a peep.

Where would the state, and the school be, if we did the vaccination and pandas took control? I am sure they would be nowhere to be found!

Do what you need to do, to do what you think is right.

PM me if you want to chat.

Hey tpotter-

NJ lays out VERY specific requirements for the medical exemption. They require a diagnosis, and the specific reason the vaccine is contraindicated by the AAP, and for how long the contraindication is allowed. The AAP allows for very little room for vaccine exemption. Our neuro wrote a letter to defer all vaccines for one year- it was not accepted.

I then wrote a religious exemption- which the schools are instructed NOT to question- and I never heard a peep.

I was really angry at the time, that I was forced into a situation to be dishonest- but, I have gotten over it, and will do the same again, and again.

:)

I then wrote a religious exemption- which the schools are instructed NOT to question- and I never heard a peep.

I was really angry at the time, that I was forced into a situation to be dishonest- but, I have gotten over it, and will do the same again, and again.

:)

With my school district I actually told the nurse that I did not have a religious reason for the exemption, meaning that it did not go against my beliefs to give the vaccine. But I told her I did have a moral problem with it in that I personally thought it to be wrong for my child(ren) to have the vaccine. She told me this was enough for a "religious exemption" because the exception is vague. I am not surprised that they are told not to question a "religious exemption."

I would feel no guilt if I were you. You were not dishonest as far as I can see.

Both my sons had titers for Pertussis run...they certaintly do exist! I would find a different doc.

I agree-- my son had titers run for pertussis as well. He was not immune. However due to the fact that he had a reaction to this vaccine at 6 mos. and now has PANDAS, I will not vaccinate. I live in FL and have a religious exemption. My religion does not specifically forbid vaccination however: 1. They are NOT allowed to ask you your religion or ask you to show proof 2. I have a firmly and deeply held belief that God would not want me to knowingly harm my son!! So if that ain't religious then I don't know what is!! Just my 2 cents.

My religion does not specifically forbid vaccination however: 1. They are NOT allowed to ask you your religion or ask you to show proof 2. I have a firmly and deeply held belief that God would not want me to knowingly harm my son!! So if that ain't religious then I don't know what is!! Just my 2 cents.

I just love that. Great :)