ACN Latitudes Forums

My hair is falling out

It has been falling out for the past two months. It is getting really thin in some areas. The hair on the lower portion of my legs also isn't growing very much at all.

My thyroid tests all came back normal. I've visited with my LLMD, ID, & GP. Since the tests came back normal and none of the meds I'm on list this as a side effect-I'm getting the it is stress related answer. Any ideas?

I'm sorry---

How about adding higher doses of Biotin (B vitamin).

It's the hair and nail grow vitamin, good for cracks in heels, and also is known to help stop fungi from replicating.

I've had a nasty sore in my mouth- upped biotin in the last few days, getting better.

Just because your doctor said that your thyroid levels are "normal," does not mean that your thyroid is working optimally. Ask your doctor what your levels are - do not take "normal" as an answer.

The newest endocrinology guidelines say the TSH level should be between .25 - 2.50 according to my treating physician. And it will take a long time (as it usually does) for new guidelines to reach physicians and labs.

Our LLMD says that Lyme patients seem to feel best when the TSH is at 0.

My TSH was 8 when I started treatment 1.5 yrs ago (with Armour Thyroid). It is now .19 and I have never felt better. I no longer have the symptoms of fatigue, weight gain and hair loss. In fact, I have lost 20 lbs. in the last year.

Just because your doctor said that your thyroid levels are "normal," does not mean that your thyroid is working optimally. Ask your doctor what your levels are - do not take "normal" as an answer.

The newest endocrinology guidelines say the TSH level should be between .25 - 2.50 according to my treating physician. And it will take a long time (as it usually does) for new guidelines to reach physicians and labs.

Our LLMD says that Lyme patients seem to feel best when the TSH is at 0.

My TSH was 8 when I started treatment 1.5 yrs ago (with Armour Thyroid). It is now .19 and I have never felt better. I no longer have the symptoms of fatigue, weight gain and hair loss. In fact, I have lost 20 lbs. in the last year.

I have a copy of the blood work. My TSH is 1.74.

Glad treatment is working and you are feeling better. Losing weight-always a big bonus! :D

I will look into the Biotin.

Edited by ShaesMom