ACN Latitudes Forums

How much Magnesium to give to child

technodad

I picked this http://www.iherb.com/Peter-Gillham-s-Natural-Vitality-Natural-Calm-Organic-Raspberry-Lemon-Flavor-16-oz-453-g/5124 up at GNC last night. They did not have the unflavored kind.

How much should I give to my son? He will be 6 in a month and is 40 lbs?

Is their a place on internet that has recomended doses for supplements?

Can I mix it in his milk? I did not want the flavored kind but it was all they had and I want to get him started on it right away.

Have you tried the Natural Calm yet? I don't think it would mix well with milk as it has a very tart flavor. I'd suggest orange juice, although my son won't even drink it mixed into the juice. Or maybe something like lemonade? I believe a child's dosage would be about half of the adult dosage listed on the bottle.

the product that technodad linked is Natural Calm, starlygirl

I am not sure what the recommended dose is for a 6yo technodad but you could call the company

they also make a Kids Calm liquid multi that has a good dose of magnesium in it, but they used sodim benzoate preservative in it which is not good!

I realize Natural Calm is what he has...was just wondering if he'd tried it out yet. :DB):D

Looks like the recommended dosage for a 6 year old would be 120mg (source: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR602371)

Been having a hard time getting him to take the Nature Calm, mainly because you if mix it in a glass of something, he never finishes it all in one sitting, so try to put in fridge to finish later etc.

We have had him take a bath using the epson bath salts 2 nights in a row, which he has enjoyed. Is it okay to do this every night? Or only do this 2 or 3 nights per week. How do you know when he is getting to much mag from the baths?