ACN Latitudes Forums

looking for an old post

Hi all!

So I'm looking for an old post where one of you described walking out of the doctor's office with a prescription for antibiotics like getting away with something. I can't remember exactly how you said it, but it was very funny and I would love to quote it for...drum roll please...a COLLEGE PAPER!

I finally started college last week! After PANDAS being under control for just under two years and finally getting my chronic migraines treated just a few months ago, it was time to get going. I'm at a local school and am taking an easy case load in case health problems crop up. It's a trial run, and if it goes well I'm looking forward to going all in at a four-year school soon!

But in one of my classes I have to write about an ethical issue and I'm writing about the difficulty in getting antibiotics prescribed for PANDAS. So if anyone knows the quote I'm referring to and could possible point out what thread it was in, that would be great.

Thanks!

It's not my quote, but I've heard several parents liken the high and giddiness of getting a script to the feeling of scoring crack cocaine. It's crude but oh so true.

And congrats on college!!!!! So happy for you! Still blogging?

Edited by LLM