ACN Latitudes Forums

R A and PANDAS/ OCD/ ODD/ ANXIETY?

maybe not directly, but I believe one autoimmune tendency begets another. One of.my children had arthritic symptoms and has several autoimmune markers. She has not complained of arthritis since pex and ivig. her rheumatologist said pandas tx might help her ankles/knees and it did!

There is a correlation between RA and Mycoplasma. I found several articles about it while investigating treatment for my daughter's resistant Myco p. So I suppose there could be an indirect link since Myco p can cause PANS and Myco P can cause RA. Also, as said by the previous poster, RA is an autoimmune disease.

Dedee

I have RA. I've had it for 15yrs. I do not have PANDAS/PANS. I am more on the anxious side. I do not have ocd or odd. My DS was adopted, so there is no genetic link. I have high myco P titers for past infection that never go down. My doctor feels this is the cause of my RA and I take minocycline and azith for my RA. I think PANDAS kids can have arthritic type pains in their joints. This is much like rheumatic fever, I believe. MycoP has been cultured from the joints of people w/ RA.

If you want more info about mycoP and the RA connection, google Dr Brown and rheumatoid arthritis or www.roadback.org.

Thanks, I have a friend who has a granddaughter that exhibits PANDAS symptoms, but when she told me she had been diagnosed with R A, It shook me a lil, remembering I had read about PANDAS and R A somewhere. I'm sure it was prob about the fact they are both autoimmune disorders. Thanks again.