ACN Latitudes Forums

Was I supposes to be on Flagyl w/ Lyme treatment

i am just finishing up a few months of doxy. as soon as i stop this stuff i can't get off the couch again. I am confused and exhausted as usually and can't function.

I am being treated by my intern. Was he suppose to have me on flagyl with the doxy to bust cysts or something like that? I am just not getting better and need to be healthy for my sick child. While on doxy I feel great. Can you give me some advice. Thanks

Any Lyme or co-infection treatment we have done always involves antibiotics (Minocycline,Azithroymycin, etc) for 21 days and then breaking for 7 days, at which time we would do a week of Flagyl.

I never feel great on the weeks I take Flagyl, nor does my husband, which tells me it is stirring things up - probably drawing Lyme out of it's hiding.

My son takes IV Flagyl on weekends only (Mon-Fri he takes 2 other abx). He feels yucky on the weekends when taking it.

Point being, my LLMD pulses Flagyl as part of our therapy.

My LLMD told me I need at least 3 meds to beat lyme - 1 for extracellular lyme, 1 for intracellular lyme, and a cyst buster. Which ones to take and when depend on symptoms, and we have made changes along the way. In my opinion, I don't think doxy by itself will be enough for you to beat lyme. But there are different approaches to lyme and we have chosen an aggressive one. Have you asked your doctor what his long term plan or treatment approach is? Perhaps he is planning to add a cyst buster to your treatment later on.