ACN Latitudes Forums

Glutathione cream and tics

Hello,

We started using two new supplements this morning - Glutathione cream and dha fish oil. I was wondering if anyone has seen a worsening of tic symptoms with either of these? I'd hate to stop something before even starting but not sure how to tell if it's an adverse effect or not.

Thank you!

It's been a while since we tried fish oil, but I think it calmed down in a few days. After the glutathione injection, it took over a month. But others have done really well with glutathione, so it's hard generalize.

Hi lfran - when you say horrible as in an increase in symptoms? If so how long did it take to calm down?

thank you-

Omega 3s aren't good for my son. He has pyroluria, which can lead to an Omega 6 deficiency. Omega 3s and 6s apparently compete for binding sites, so those with pyroluria are advised to take evening primrose oil - an Omega 6 that's anti-inflammatory like the 3s. He does much better on this.

My DD seems slightly better today - yesterday was just terrible with tics and I really feel it was the fish oil. Additionally, it has been leaking out of her for the past 24 hours :( the poor thing. I feel so terrible for putting her through that. tried to get in touch with the dr. who told us to take but have not heard back yet. Thank you for everyone's input!

This is so interesting. My son has tics & we haven't determined yet if it is PANS or just plain old tics/tourette's. We visited Dr. M in Tampa who was such a huge advocate of using fish oil. I asked about other supplements, but she only really recommended the fish oil specifically for kids with tics. I've given it to my son a couple times, but I'm afraid to stick with it since I read about so many adverse reactions.