ACN Latitudes Forums

Bartonella?

I understand the idea of only treating one thing at a time. But I would move yeast higher up on your list. You'll be giving 3 abx. Yeast becomes a real danger. So you may want to look into adding an anti-yeast component. We use garlic pills but there are other options. IMO, you can't push yeast off. It needs to be addressed at the same time as any treatment that uses abx. It doesn't lend itself to an orderly, scientific approach. Not that you have to use nystatin or diflucan. Just that I think you need to be watchful and use an anti-yeast supplement at the same time. In boys, yeast is much harder to detect and tends to show up as behavioral, at least in my experience.

I also encourage you to see an LLMD or integrative. This requires a doctor who specializes in this stuff.

I agree with LLM!!!

I think people take yeast too lightly. This is an analogy of my DAN's; when treating the gut, or perhaps the whole immune system, think of it like wet sand. If you are scooping,(killing something) out, other things slosh in to fill the space or take advantage of that space. So if your abx is killing something, yeast will take that opportunity to fill in or grow more. You then wonder why he isn't better or why is he worse. Well you have created a new infection/problem. Some things need to be treated simultaneiously.

I would probably try the diet at the same time. Fighting yeast isn't just about antifungals. Its what you are eating and it's convertion. Even if you don't go cold turkey, try limiting carbs and sugars to give the things you are doing a fighting chance. It just might take a little longer. People with simple candida problems, if you can call it that(meaning non-pans), treat for years sometimes to get it under control with a combination of herbals, abx's and diet.