ACN Latitudes Forums

Topical Sinus Treatment

jtp

I was wondering if anyone has used a nasal nebulizer treatment which includes an antibiotic,steroid, mucus thinner and antifungal medications.

My son was prescribed this by his new integrative Dr. He's had frequent sinus infections over the past year but he's been on abx for a while and doing better. The Dr. said that most of the time sinus infections return after the abx is stopped or decreased.

I have never heard of this system before but what I read about it sounds like it's a good concept. Getting the meds to do the work at the source of infection. And the medication seems to cover every aspect of sinus inflammation/infection.

If anyone has used this or can share any information about it please feel free to share your opinions, it would be most helpful.

Thanks

I have never heard of that for sinus infections but I do know that nebulizers are used with a steroid and or just plain saline to help open lungs pathways for better breathing. Children with asthma or bronchitis or pneumonia are given a nebulizers by pediatricians. You just hold tubing next to nose and mouth and let the medicine do its work.

I was wondering if anyone has used a nasal nebulizer treatment which includes an antibiotic,steroid, mucus thinner and antifungal medications.

My son was prescribed this by his new integrative Dr. He's had frequent sinus infections over the past year but he's been on abx for a while and doing better. The Dr. said that most of the time sinus infections return after the abx is stopped or decreased.

I have never heard of this system before but what I read about it sounds like it's a good concept. Getting the meds to do the work at the source of infection. And the medication seems to cover every aspect of sinus inflammation/infection.

If anyone has used this or can share any information about it please feel free to share your opinions, it would be most helpful.

Thanks

I used Xlear nasal spray when I had a sinus infection. It was great. I guess not a nebulizer, but it did get the stuff up into the sinuses. http://www.amazon.com/Xlear-Nasal-Wash-1-50-Ounces/dp/B000QYNWS2