ACN Latitudes Forums

Friends daughter started ticcing

She is 7 and started an eye roll and blinking tic. Started after pneumonia.

Do you all think tics are from PANS. Could it just be transient? I'm so skeptical of everything lately. Surely there is a reason behind the ticcing.

did she get abs for the pneumonia (I assume?) which one? how long has it been since stopping?

it wouldn't hurt anything to get a throat culture for strep, just to make sure that isn't a factor, since so many PANDAS kids have culture positive without typical symptoms.

Well you know me..jmho..no such thing as transient tic.

they said that about ds12 but each time we treated strep he went into remssion.

No one belived my (a non-phd) could make a correlaton between an illness and a neurological disorder.

Myco p was the final trigger for ds12 when he was 9 and we are still fighting for him.

That same myco p was the trigger for ds5 (in remssion) but do to the steroids to treat breathing(i believe crated an unnoticed yeast issue) cannot absorb nutrients.

ds9, i thought was going to be my non-pandas was trigger not by his 1st strep at age 8,(that is why it thought he was non-pans) but by the mono that came in about 8 weeks later. I guess the strep opened the door, anti bodies still lingering and the mono shoved it open.. The mono and the tics took 3-4 months to resolve for him. Unlike the strep that was treated with 10 day couse of abx, and seeing betterment in 24 hours and comeplete remssion in 3-4 weeks for ds12.

I would feel remiss, if i did not tell you to tell your friend to step on it.

when tics are the main/only component they can be a &%#%&*()^$!!!! to resolve if left untreated. The younger treated the better.

Thanks all for your input.

She was on 10 days of liquid amoxicillin. It didn't resolve, so they added more. She thinks teh tics started soon after the rx was up.

I also have a hard time in believeing in transient tics.... There has got to be a reason behind it! I am pushing her to question her pedi, and to put in a call to Dr.B :) (I wish I could take her along with us on Tuesday!!)