ACN Latitudes Forums

Lyme in Washington state

lss

Anyone on this forum with Lyme or co-infections that is living in the state of Washington? I have a bet with my husband who claims there is no Lyme in Wa! I say it s there, just not reported.

Anyone??

Anyone on this forum with Lyme or co-infections that is living in the state of Washington? I have a bet with my husband who claims there is no Lyme in Wa! I say it s there, just not reported.

Anyone??

I can't imagine it not being there, or anywhere for that matter, as I would think it is also carried by mosquitos (as they bite the deer), and they don't differentiate as to where they go.

We live in WA but not sure where son may have been bitten or if congenital since we have been to Yellowstone and other states. It is my opinion that probably most have lyme it just gets re-activated when there are other stresses/chronic health issues. How could we not since the tic is so small that you would not notice it, and you can get it congenitally? Another example is the virus my son was battling, most kids have by the age of '2' but it only becomes activated when there are other health problems. Just my opinion. ;)

Before the beginning of the lyme journey, I spoke with a lyme organization in Portland, OR, and they said that there is a pandemic in the PNW.

Also, my friend found a pet bunny on the side of the road and brought it by our house to look at it. My DH had to remove a tic on its' side.

Because of the politics surrounding 'lyme disease' (including pharma/insurance) most dr. in this area probably do not put it down as a diagnostic code, is my guess, so the stat #'s are pretty minimal which is why no one thinks lyme is in this area so I agree with you on the reporting. I often wonder how many on permanent disability have it as well. Although, there is usually many health issues going on, in addition to the lyme, so treatment can be multi-faceted.

Sorry, but over 2 yrs. of research has helped form some of these opinions. :)

Edited by JuliaFaith

according to this...rare, but there!!

http://www.aldf.com/usmap.shtml

here's the cdc's

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/stats/maps/interactiveMaps.html

Notice these say "reported."

Yes..besides not being reported, those not tested, and those without good testing easily quadroople the number.

Now lets add that ticks don't understand boarders. Catching a ride on geese easily spreads it and i believe deer don't check for passports.

If you think about statistics, the density of lymes isn't just do to more of it there...

There is also a higher population of people, more people per square inch to be diagnosed.

Then add that those in cities are more likely to follow through in thier health and not just let things go, they might be more inclined figure out what i wrong with them, not only because of thier thinking and up bringing, but also might be more likely to have insurance that makes it more affordable to at least find out what is wrong, even if insurance wont cover treatments.

Edited by Fixit