ACN Latitudes Forums

Developmentally Delayed

Good advice!! Thanks!

She's been on Amoxicillin for almost a month (3 weeks and a couple days) straight. Do you still think she needs 30 days straight of Zith or would 2 weeks straight be enough?

Honestly, every kid is different, and I have no experience with zith; our abx of choice and efficacy was Augmentin, and in the end, our DS was on that for almost 2 years, straight!

Basically, I would let your DD's behavioral response be your guide. She's young, and from what I can tell, you seem to think you've successfully addressed her active infections. But if/when you step down to lower dosing she seems to take a step back or regress, then I would go back to full dose again and stick with that again for another 3 or 4 weeks.

Basically, you want to see her continue to gain/regain developmental ground, with the help of her therapies, consistently, even if those gains are subtle and perhaps less dramatic than they may have appeared when you first introduced the abx. Keep a journal. But if she stalls out or regresses, then that may be evidence of a continuing auto-immune fight on her part. At which point full dose abx or potentially other interventions may be beneficial.

I hope you're right!!!

My dd has always taken Omega 3's :)

So, I believe that what you have lost CAN be made up.

If your child can take Omega 3's, I know a few moms with kids with speech probelms give it and they say it helps. Omega 3's can also be beneficial to some PANDAS kids. My child has taken them for awhile now.

I have two sons with pandas, the youngest has developmental delay and speech apraxia. I have seen a definite correlation with pandas/strep, all gains go out the window and he turns "inward" (if I were to get an eval on a pandas day, he would be classic autism). My son's pandas is now under control and many of the delays are improving, with speech apraxia being the slowest to come along. We do classical homeopathy.

DD (almost 4) was recently diagnosed with Pragmatic Speech & Processing Delay. She's also immature emotionally. She's in ST/OT and seeing a counselor who also thinks she has PTSD from her past medical history. We didn't put 2 & 2 together until she got a UTI and was put on antibiotics- she seemed to "wake up" and her issues went from 90% to 50% so there's a reason why antibiotics help!

Would PANDAS/PANS cause developmental delays? Before the abx we were starting to think she might have high functioning autism, but it's not consistent. Some days she's sharp as a knife and other days she's foggy brained. It's confusing!

We're on the waiting list for a Developmental Ped.