ACN Latitudes Forums

Anti-nuclear AB

infection, inflammation, autoimmune - it's very unspecific.

My daughter's ANA has been positive since November. She was tested a few times prior and it was negative. She's been tested 6 times since November and the patterns & titers have at times changed. Her patterns are homogeneous, speckled, nucleolar. Her titers run form 1:40 - 1:640. Might want to run DNA (DS) Antibody, SM/RNP Antibodies, lupus anticoagulant next blood draw as a follow up.

Autoimmune conditions associated with positive ANA- SLE, Scleroderma, Raynauds (which I have), DILE (drug induced lupus), Autoimmune Hepatitis, Mixed Connective Tissue disorder. In addition, a positive ANA can occur in normal individuals.

We are still trying to figure out if my daughter's abnormal labs are due to infection, autoimmune, drug induced lupus, or all the above (she has some other abnormal labs too).

Edited by philamom

Autoimmune conditions associated with positive ANA- SLE, Scleroderma, Raynauds (which I have), DILE (drug induced lupus), Autoimmune Hepatitis, Mixed Connective Tissue disorder. In addition, a positive ANA can occur in normal individuals.

We are still trying to figure out if my daughter's abnormal labs are due to infection, autoimmune, drug induced lupus, or all the above (she has some other abnormal labs too).

hmmm. Autoimmune stuff is tricky. Thanks for the info. My daughter has other abnormal too. They all point to autoimmune. All are suggestive. But from what I read none definitive. Came in the mail. Wish the doctor had called to explain all this. She was in for a PANDAS check.

Edited by Aimee De Pooretere