ACN Latitudes Forums

Treating TMJ?

My son and I have developed TMJ. Weird? Jaw clicks, hurts, teeth grinding in sleep I can't believe it. Ears hurt. How do you get rid of this? Is this a lyme symptom?

Anyone have this condition pop up before with their lyme treatment?

Thanks in advance.

My son and I have developed TMJ. Weird? Jaw clicks, hurts, teeth grinding in sleep I can't believe it. Ears hurt. How do you get rid of this? Is this a lyme symptom?

Thanks in advance.

I have but mine is from stress. Now it has become a habit. I usually have to wear a mouth guard. I only wear it at night. My son 15 lyme/bart has had grinding in his sleep during his illness. Someone once told me they heard it can be from parasites. So definitely could be from this disease I think.

I believe you but its mind boggling how parasites can do all this? Currently taking Flagyl daily. I bet your right because it got bad on day 10 of Flagyl, all other syptoms diminishing but TMJ is new. Found a chiropractor today that says she can help we are seeing her next week. Hope she right.

Thank you.

Thanks in advance.

I have but mine is from stress. Now it has become a habit. I usually have to wear a mouth guard. I only wear it at night. My son 15 lyme/bart has had grinding in his sleep during his illness. Someone once told me they heard it can be from parasites. So definitely could be from this disease I think.

I've heard the grinding is caused by parasites. Regarding the TMJ, it is a minority lyme symptom. The spirochetes love to eat the joint tissue, and the TMJ is a joint, so you might consider it joint pain in that sense. The infections will enjoy any place your body is weak, so perhaps if your jaw is a little out of alignment, then the spirochetes are more likely to set up shop there and cause more problems.