ACN Latitudes Forums

Sometimes it is worth the wait...

we had our 3rd session with Ian's new therapist today. What a difference over the first therapist we tried. the difference is amazing. We were on a waiting list for 10 months for this one. I can see why. She is very good. It will still certainly be a long road ahead of us. And being only 9, it is hard for Ian to understand and focus sometimes. But I can tell that he will certainly gain as many skills as he can to fight the OCD at this age from this therapist. I am very pleased! So if you have tried a therapist and stopped because you didn't think it was working, maybe don't give up and try another one.

Lisa

Thanks, Nancy and Powwow! I know therapy isn't a cure. But I think the tools will be very helpful.. It also helps me cope, to be honest. It gives me tools and responses to the OCD that help my sanity. I think I found the best child psychologist that deals with OCD in metrowest MA, to be honest. There are not many out here that work with just kids. There are more in the state, but most are a hike and this is a 15 minute drive. It also makes me feel like things may eventually look up, gives me some hope. at the very least it is a small positive in the PANDAS puzzle.