ACN Latitudes Forums

Howard Lederman, MD

He is from the dreaded Johns Hopkins team. Pediatric Immunologist. I was given his name from an immune deficiency foundation which has tried to find me help in advocating to my insurance company for IVIG for CVID without a vaccination challenge.

I would only need this doc to consult with, not treat. But if he is a nay-sayer for PANDAS/PANS and/or Lyme, there's no point in making contact.

I don't know him, but wanted to say that my DD's new PCP spent a number of years at JHU in rheumatology befoe going into private practice a couple of years ago--she seems very open to Pandas, although the test will really come when I see if she is willing to give long-term antibiotics. I think Singer in neurology is the JHU loci of Pandas naysaying--it could be it doesn't spill over to all the disciplines. Perhaps you could call the immunology and allergy clinic and ask if they deal with Pandas--occasionally one gets someone who is willing to chat.

Just curious--why no vaccine challenge? Concern it could worsen the Pandas?

He is from the dreaded Johns Hopkins team. Pediatric Immunologist. I was given his name from an immune deficiency foundation which has tried to find me help in advocating to my insurance company for IVIG for CVID without a vaccination challenge.

I would only need this doc to consult with, not treat. But if he is a nay-sayer for PANDAS/PANS and/or Lyme, there's no point in making contact.

What about Dr. B? He's an immunologist, and he told us absolutely no immunizations.

I contacted Dr. B's office last week(he told me the same about vaccines in 2011). They gave me a generic vaccine exemption letter that the insurance company didn't accept. I need a specific letter from Dr. B. and can't figure out how to get this other than scheduling a $500 phone consult. But having a letter from an immunologist is key, I believe.