ACN Latitudes Forums

Love to hear about the IOCDF conference

1344797298[/url]' post='144458']
1343992915[/url]' post='143957']

Nancy,

So grateful to you for sharing your notes and knowledge!

My girls have been doing well behaviorally. DD12 is now 14 weeks past her last IVIG. This histamine conversation caught my eye. Both girls and myself- we are covered in bug bites again. I don't think it's just Mosquitos either; some result in wide, flat reactions while others are more focal and intense. We are not out at dusk yet we are covered. My older girl who had the OCD with scratching then picking has been very responsible and diligent about taking care of each bite early so they don't get to a point where they scab. Sorry, kinda gross info.

Alright, so bug bites are a histaminic response and all 3 of us respond to a much greater degree than normal. Does anybody know where this whole H1/H2 receptor conversation fits in with focal, cutaneous reactions? As far as I can tell, we do not suffer from systemic allergies; maybe a little when the pollen count is really high, like over 10 but that is really nothing compared to so many sufferers. I just really think the way we respond to insect bites is weird. And dousing them in deet everyday for months is not an option. Any ideas if this fits in anywhere??? Anyone?

Can't wait to read more info on the conference as well. Any news about Dr. Cunningham's lab?

Jill

fyi for future mosquito bites, put scotch tape on them (and leave it there) as soon as you notice them (don't wait until they are big). It really helps with the itching and keeps them from getting big

We have never tried that! Definitely going to give it a try. Thanks!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1344797298[/url]' post='144458']
1343992915[/url]' post='143957']

Nancy,

So grateful to you for sharing your notes and knowledge!

My girls have been doing well behaviorally. DD12 is now 14 weeks past her last IVIG. This histamine conversation caught my eye. Both girls and myself- we are covered in bug bites again. I don't think it's just Mosquitos either; some result in wide, flat reactions while others are more focal and intense. We are not out at dusk yet we are covered. My older girl who had the OCD with scratching then picking has been very responsible and diligent about taking care of each bite early so they don't get to a point where they scab. Sorry, kinda gross info.

Alright, so bug bites are a histaminic response and all 3 of us respond to a much greater degree than normal. Does anybody know where this whole H1/H2 receptor conversation fits in with focal, cutaneous reactions? As far as I can tell, we do not suffer from systemic allergies; maybe a little when the pollen count is really high, like over 10 but that is really nothing compared to so many sufferers. I just really think the way we respond to insect bites is weird. And dousing them in deet everyday for months is not an option. Any ideas if this fits in anywhere??? Anyone?

Can't wait to read more info on the conference as well. Any news about Dr. Cunningham's lab?

Jill

fyi for future mosquito bites, put scotch tape on them (and leave it there) as soon as you notice them (don't wait until they are big). It really helps with the itching and keeps them from getting big

We have never tried that! Definitely going to give it a try. Thanks!

We took DD off Zyrtec for two days and the wheels came off. Emotional lability and hostility returned full force. Put her back on it, and a half hour later she was sweet as pie.

Does anyone know if Pepcid is available in chewables. I can only find a generic chewable pepcid/tums combo. Not sure if the antacids would hurt, but I'd rather not give anything extra.

fyi...I don't think you can take antacids and Azithromycin so you wouldn't want the Pepcid Complete if taking that antibiotic.

We took DD off Zyrtec for two days and the wheels came off. Emotional lability and hostility returned full force. Put her back on it, and a half hour later she was sweet as pie.

Does anyone know if Pepcid is available in chewables. I can only find a generic chewable pepcid/tums combo. Not sure if the antacids would hurt, but I'd rather not give anything extra.

She's on Augmentin, but that was a worry. Thanks. Definitely don't want it interfering with abx! Looks like we'll just stick to Zyrtec.