ACN Latitudes Forums

Childrens multivitamin

Which brand do you use? How do we know which is right for our kids? Before PANS happened, my kids just took Target brand gummies. After DD's levels of vitamin B12 were almost doubled, we were told to discontinue.

We do take Juice Plus, but it really isn't a substitution.

Thanks for any suggestions

I'm interested in what people have to say about this, also. We found out we are MTHFR mutants, so are taking methylB12 and methylfolate supps. Multivitamins tend to have folic acid and cyanoB12 in them, so we have to stay away from those. Also, we're taking supps for pyroluria, so we don't want to take in more zinc or B6. Sigh. I give my kiddos colloidal minerals, make sure they get plenty of fruit, veggies and protein, and other than that, hope and pray they're getting what they need without a multi.

Juice plus seems like it would be a pretty good back-up.

My ds is taking MILA (google it to find out its' amazing qualities). It is a chia seed but has much more nutrients and no mold/fungus like others. He likes it in juice.

I started taking it and feel great. Makes me feel young again. :) Not a patient of ND yet but told her about headaches and she recommended MILA. Contains many vitamins and omegas.

Edited by JuliaFaith

We use LDA Multivitamin made by Klaire. All of our children have MTHFR mutation and KPU so we have to have specific types of B vitamins plus L-5-methyltetrahydrafolate. Also I add some additional Zinc piclonate and P-5-P (B-6)for the KPU. My son has a double MTHFR mutation so I give him additional methyl folate made by "seeking health". I have seen great improvement in the kids with the addition of the B vitamins especially.

Dedee