ACN Latitudes Forums

Alinia

Hi,

We recently added Alinia and I think we are on day 6. He woke at 5 am crying out complaining of foot/leg pain.

Prior to this 2 months ago he had a extremely painful big toe joint crisis. That was much more painful to him and lasted longer and only involved his big toe joint on the bottom of his foot. For this toe joint pain, we had been on Rifampin for several weeks, and then had started augmentin for 2 days.

I have two questions:

Doea Alnia kill off only Bartonella? Does it kill of Babesia and Lyme too.

And for those of you have had herx experiences like this, since my son cannot articulate more specifically what he is feeling or what would help more, pleae tell me what you feel and what helps ease that type of pain.

Thanks.

My son took Alinia twice during his treatment and as far as we know he only had lyme/babesia. 'Alinia also treats parasites and other things' per our doctor so is a good muli-tasking abx. Have heard of others taking it for bartonella too.

Others might have suggestions for your son's foot/leg pain. Poor guy!

My 5 yr old also took Alinia, he has Bart and Babs, it's a multi tasking treatment as Julia mentioned.

I think the foot pain is a herx, as my son had this as well. His symptoms increased a bit and then he leveled out.

Alinia crosses the blood brain barrier I read, good for Neuro lyme.

We just did lots of detox and epsom salt baths. Hope this helps.

Edited by socalmom

Both DD12 and DS14 took one round of it in the beginning of treatment to jump start things, I think. Then they started Babesia treatment. We had to go back to Babesia treatment after my daughter relapsed with this infection. all family members are being treated for Babesia even though she is the only one serologically positive. - Lyme docs aren't sure how Babesia is spread after one person gets it in the house. I only needed to hear that once before I started filling scripts for all of us!

Anyway, when we started treating Babesia a 2nd time, my husband, daughter and I all started taking Mepron again. My son complained about the Mepron, so LLMD prescribed Alinia in it's place. My point is, I believe our doc uses it specifically for Babesia.

We see the same Lyme doc, right?

Our Lyme doc said Alinia kills a bunch of different bugs, as others have said, but he didn't specify. He also said that 90% of his Autism and/or PANDAS kids benefit from it. As for detox, we use Burbur and bentonite clay, as well as a couple of homeopathic remedies and lemon water. Also, our ds was recently having leg pain that seemed like it might be a herx, though we weren't sure, and our doctor said to try a magnesium lotion. We haven't tried it yet though.

Hi,

We recently added Alinia and I think we are on day 6. He woke at 5 am crying out complaining of foot/leg pain.

Prior to this 2 months ago he had a extremely painful big toe joint crisis. That was much more painful to him and lasted longer and only involved his big toe joint on the bottom of his foot. For this toe joint pain, we had been on Rifampin for several weeks, and then had started augmentin for 2 days.

I have two questions:

Doea Alnia kill off only Bartonella? Does it kill of Babesia and Lyme too.

And for those of you have had herx experiences like this, since my son cannot articulate more specifically what he is feeling or what would help more, pleae tell me what you feel and what helps ease that type of pain.

Thanks.

I am 64 and am being treated for bartonella (diagnosed by Galaxy Diagnostics). I have been tested for virtually everything else so it is only bart. I can tell you the pain from herxing can be overwhelming. Everything can hurt. Bone pain (to hard to describe but the bones just hurt like ######, muscle pain (burning in the muscle tissue) and tendon pain like your have severe tendonitis and it comes on all at once. I cannot imagine a child going through this. I hit myself hard with vicodin and xanax to suppress my CNS and the pain still breaks through. When I am herxing it seems worse at night but then it may be just feel worse because there are no distractions. The other night I slept the whole night in pain. If it was not for the drugs knocking me out I would not have slept. You cannot give kids those kinds of drugs so my heart goes out to your child. I sometimes skip my evening meds just to give myself a break if I have been herxing for more than a day. I also have to count how much vicodin and xanax I am taking. I sometimes just sit and wait and pray for to get through the next hour so I can get some relief.

Red

Thank you all for your responses. I think I am seeing a pattern that it takes months of treatment before you see gains when it comes to Lyme.

I have been doing epsoms salts, charcoal, and liver life. We have only had that one really bad big toe crisis and after talking to my husband, I wonder if last night foot/leg issue wasn't more related to his OCD. Long story but I am pretty sure he has strep throat again which alwyas causes a flare in this type of ocd. I added back in his zithromax whcih was part of the plan anyhow.

Besides the verbal triggers that flare his OCD/anxiety and the chorea that remains, he is fairly energetic and smiling much of his day and the alinia has seemed to calm down his stools.

Red.....I wonder if you may need more detoxing stratgies in place. Could you ask your LLMD. I can't remember if you mentioned that.

and I can't remember who said the lemon water ...but yes, this is one I need to get back in place. We had to drop it a while ago due to it coming up on food sensitivity 6 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Thank you all for your responses. I think I am seeing a pattern that it takes months of treatment before you see gains when it comes to Lyme.

I have been doing epsoms salts, charcoal, and liver life. We have only had that one really bad big toe crisis and after talking to my husband, I wonder if last night foot/leg issue wasn't more related to his OCD. Long story but I am pretty sure he has strep throat again which alwyas causes a flare in this type of ocd. I added back in his zithromax whcih was part of the plan anyhow.

Besides the verbal triggers that flare his OCD/anxiety and the chorea that remains, he is fairly energetic and smiling much of his day and the alinia has seemed to calm down his stools.

Red.....I wonder if you may need more detoxing stratgies in place. Could you ask your LLMD. I can't remember if you mentioned that.

and I can't remember who said the lemon water ...but yes, this is one I need to get back in place. We had to drop it a while ago due to it coming up on food sensitivity 6 weeks ago.

Thanks.

thanks for the mention of detox. I have discussed it with my LLMD (Lyme+ herself). There really is not much out there proven about bart detox. I've even tried CSM which worked wonders for mold many years ago. It does not touch bart. But even if it worked it is hard to get it in around all the antibiotics and probiotics. My LLMD says I am having the most pain of any her bart patients. I have to persevere. At least I have a functioning frontal lobe unlike so many children who haven't a clue as to why they feel the way they feel. My niece is just now going through PANDAS with her youngest and it is a nightmare. She is on her 2nd MD. She leaves for Conn. tomorrow to see him Monday.

Ds is doing salmon oil/chlorella for detox. Supposed to have multiple benefits in addition to great detox. My son does 3000 mg of salmon oil (VitalChoice) and 20 chlorella 15 min before each meal. Quite a lot. When toxin levels were showing higher levels chlorella was increased to 25 tabs before meals.

For heavy metal detox we added on detoxamin suppositories at night once a week (depends on level of toxins versus times per week).

My dd and I both use topical Aspercreme to help with the joint and muscle pain. May not seem like much but it helps with the immediate discomfort and makes life more bearable. It has really helped both us get to sleep at night when we are having a flare. I swear sometimes we are both covered from head to toe.

Ds is doing salmon oil/chlorella for detox. Supposed to have multiple benefits in addition to great detox. My son does 3000 mg of salmon oil (VitalChoice) and 20 chlorella 15 min before each meal. Quite a lot. When toxin levels were showing higher levels chlorella was increased to 25 tabs before meals.

For heavy metal detox we added on detoxamin suppositories at night once a week (depends on level of toxins versus times per week).

How does one determine the level of heavy metals? As for detoxamin suppositories I would be very cautious using metal chelators. These chelators also remove many necessary minerals from our blood. I cannot imagine taking that kind of risk unless I was having a full blood analysis.

Red