ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG Dr. K

I don't know the exact formula, but it's based on weight, as best I can remember. Something along the lines of $10,000 per 30 pounds of child, or something along those lines. I'm sure someone else will chime in here to corroborate or correct me.

My daughter weighed 60 lbs and we paid 8K for 2g/kg over 2 days. We were able to purchase the medication from our local pharmacist at cost and then just paid for them to do the infusion. This was done through our local Integrative Medicine Practitioner. We had to pay out of pocket as we were denied through Cigna.

Dedee

My daughter weighed 60 lbs and we paid 8K for 2g/kg over 2 days. We were able to purchase the medication from our local pharmacist at cost and then just paid for them to do the infusion. This was done through our local Integrative Medicine Practitioner. We had to pay out of pocket as we were denied through Cigna.

Dedee

I would add, that if you are going to do it this way, call various pharmacies, and cost compare. There can be huge differences in medication prices between pharmacies (good example is my dog's seizure meds...$100 per month at RiteAid and CVS, but only $13 at Costco! Luckily, the neurologist at the vet ER told me to check Costco (they are the cheapest I've found for most meds.)

I'm in the same boat with insurance not likely to pay. I've been calling around to compare pharmacy prices. I purchase so much from our local pharmacy (since our entire family is treating Lyme and co-infections), that if I purchase IV immunoglobulin meds from them they are not going to upcharge the usual 30%. It's worth calling around.