ACN Latitudes Forums

A-Bart Challenge

I have been feeling GREAT in the months I have been off abx for Lyme/Bartonella. Eating really healthy (mostly organic, vegetable-based diet; no dairy, sugar, or processed foods; very low carbs and high protein). Still on Transfer Factor LymPlus and other supplements for support. But in the past few months I have experienced foot pain again, nose bleeds, night sweats (not menopause, as I am long past that), and some sleep problems. The sleep problems could be due to recent recent stress with what DD16 has been going through. I'm thinking I never got rid of the Bartonella completely.

My doctor wants me to do A-Bart challenge. Just wondering for those who have done this what you experienced, how quickly, and to what degree. Was it as bad or worse than herxing from Rifampin or Tindamax? I've tried to clear my schedule as best I can for the next few weeks. I know everyone reacts differently but just wondering what you experienced. Thanks!

Edited by NancyD

I have been on the drops, and for me, they are pretty immediate- also when dd was on them, same thing- die off/feel them in the same day.

I do think they will clear in a few days as well.

I'm curious how you do- I treated Bartonella last year, but also don't think it is gone-

Currently and have been for awhile now working on Lyme (Bicillin shots and Tindamax)

and rotating other medicines and herbs for protomyxzoa/biofilm which I came up low positive through testing with Fry labs.

Again, really interested how the challenge goes---PV's---

DS never felt anything with A-Bart. Took it for a few weeks, never saw any herx or improvement. So we moved on. I have nearly a full bottle if you want me to mail it to you. It's just sitting in that cabinet where you put stuff that didn't work but you paid too much money for it and can't bring yourself to toss. Yours if you want it.

Thank you for the offer, Laura! I received my bottle this week so let me see how the challenge goes first. DD will also have to start on it once she gets out of OCDI. If we see any improvement I would love to take you up on your offer. Thanks!

LOL...I know what you mean about that cabinet of stuff you tried but didn't work.

DS never felt anything with A-Bart. Took it for a few weeks, never saw any herx or improvement. So we moved on. I have nearly a full bottle if you want me to mail it to you. It's just sitting in that cabinet where you put stuff that didn't work but you paid too much money for it and can't bring yourself to toss. Yours if you want it.

Thanks S&S. I have read it can be pretty immediate. I took my first drop this morning. Do you dilute your drops in water? If so, how much?

I have been on the drops, and for me, they are pretty immediate- also when dd was on them, same thing- die off/feel them in the same day.

I do think they will clear in a few days as well.

I'm curious how you do- I treated Bartonella last year, but also don't think it is gone-

Currently and have been for awhile now working on Lyme (Bicillin shots and Tindamax)

and rotating other medicines and herbs for protomyxzoa/biofilm which I came up low positive through testing with Fry labs.

Again, really interested how the challenge goes---PV's---

For myself, I would fill 1/2 a shot glass with water, add the drops, take it- hold it in mouth, under tongue for a minute ( seconds) swallow.

For dd, I had to give them to her in an oral syringe - mixed with water- went fast, let her chase with a drink.

I thought the challenge was a big dose? Don't know if you'll feel anything with 1 drop.

At my best (while on prescriptions, too)

I was doing 10-12 drops 2x a day.

Also did Bar-1 (Beyond Balance for Bartonella)

I think one mistake I made while treating Bartonella was my previous Dr. pulsed me on Rifampin- wished I would have stayed on it for some months- I did Levaquin for about 6 weeks-

then pulsed Cipro and Rifampin, which I feel the pulsing was a mistake.

Okay, that's about how much water I used to dilute. Have not heard anything about holding it in your mouth under the tongue. Did your LLMD tell you this?

According to instructions from my doctor I start with 1 drop 2x daily for 3 days and then increase by 3 drops 2x daily every 3 days until I reach 20 drops 2x daily.

For myself, I would fill 1/2 a shot glass with water, add the drops, take it- hold it in mouth, under tongue for a minute ( seconds) swallow.

For dd, I had to give them to her in an oral syringe - mixed with water- went fast, let her chase with a drink.

I thought the challenge was a big dose? Don't know if you'll feel anything with 1 drop.

At my best (while on prescriptions, too)

I was doing 10-12 drops 2x a day.

Also did Bar-1 (Beyond Balance for Bartonella)

I think one mistake I made while treating Bartonella was my previous Dr. pulsed me on Rifampin- wished I would have stayed on it for some months- I did Levaquin for about 6 weeks-

then pulsed Cipro and Rifampin, which I feel the pulsing was a mistake.

Sounds like you are doing it exactly right-

I am pretty sure my LLMD recommended holding it in the mouth for a moment, if possible. Before I heard that, tho, I slammed it down like a shot. Not sure it made a difference,

as they are not really considered homeopathic.

I just did a quick search and found the following link where they also mention this. Doctor did not tell us this. I'll start doing it.

I also read about taking A-Bart on an empty stomach but my doctor never mentioned this either. Do you take on an empty stomach? Thanks for your help!

http://lymepedia.org/a-bart-treatment-instructions/

Sounds like you are doing it exactly right-

I am pretty sure my LLMD recommended holding it in the mouth for a moment, if possible. Before I heard that, tho, I slammed it down like a shot. Not sure it made a difference,

as they are not really considered homeopathic.

I bookmarked that link- I should do the A-Bart challenge, I really cannot figure out where my Bart is, but have other treatment 'plans' laid out over the next few months.

My LLMD recommended 20 minutes apart between the drops- some literature I've read suggested longer, but this Dr. said 20 minutes.

I have been feeling GREAT in the months I have been off abx for Lyme/Bartonella. Eating really healthy (mostly organic, vegetable-based diet; no dairy, sugar, or processed foods; very low carbs and high protein). Still on Transfer Factor LymPlus and other supplements for support. But in the past few months I have experienced foot pain again, nose bleeds, night sweats (not menopause, as I am long past that), and some sleep problems. The sleep problems could be due to recent recent stress with what DD16 has been going through. I'm thinking I never got rid of the Bartonella completely.

My doctor wants me to do A-Bart challenge. Just wondering for those who have done this what you experienced, how quickly, and to what degree. Was it as bad or worse than herxing from Rifampin or Tindamax? I've tried to clear my schedule as best I can for the next few weeks. I know everyone reacts differently but just wondering what you experienced. Thanks!

I am not familiar with "Bart Challenge". I would like to hear about it. My diagnosis came through PCR/DNA at Galaxy Diagnostics. It is headed by Edward Breitschwerdt the DVM who has discovered over 20 additional species of bart.

http://www.galaxydx.com/web/human-health/

Red

Below is info on A-Bart (Byron White Herbal Formulas) for provoking and treating Bartonella. I have not heard of the Bartonella ePCR test. If, in fact, they have 99% sensitivity with this test why doesn't anyone know about it? Any one else use this test? http://www.galaxydx.com/web/human-health/faqs/'>http://www.galaxydx.com/web/human-health/faqs/

Red, did your insurance cover this test?

http://www.wayneanderson.com/pages/formulas/abart

GUIDELINES FOR THE BYRON WHITE FORMULAS A-BART

INDICATIONS

Primary Provoking Action of A-BART:

This herbal formula is designed to activate the immune system in acute and chronic the Bartonella infections.

It is equally effective for Bartonella Like Organisms (BLO).

It can be useful in the management of Borrelia, other co-infections and opportunistic pathogens.

Secondary Provoking Actions of A-BART:

Bartonella infections are thought to be more common that Borrelia infections. We know the tick borne infection come in groups. A-Bart has been engineered to act on the accompanying co-infections and opportunistic infections. It has action against the Borrelia, Babesia and Mycoplasma species. A-BART will have an immune modulating effect for the patient with chronic infections. It will have some immune activation against fungal, viral, and parasite.

REGULATORY MECHANISMS OF A-BART:

The synergistic herbal combination acts specifically on the nervous system helping with pain, anxiety, sleep, headache and restlessness.

The formula balances Serotonin and other neurotransmitters helping the patient to deal with depression, insomnia and pain.

A-Bart is designed to improve the detox pathways. As with all neurotoxins, methylation is slow and lymphatic flow is congested. This formula is designed to enhance the binding and excretion of toxins through the system.

Auto immunity can be improved as A-Bart works to reduce inflammation, decreases congestion and improves circulation.

This combination helps with muscle spasm, joint pain, hypertension, hypotension, digestive difficulties, gastritis, ulcers, sore glands, and sore throat, diarrhea and blood sugar difficulties.

It has a tonifying effect on the GI tract, liver, lung and lymphatic systems.

REGENERATIVE MECHANISMS OF A-BART:

The nature of the herbs and their combined anti-bartonella, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, vermafuge, antiviral, anti-spirochete, anti-malarial, and anti-Candida benefits allow the agents to be driven deep into other tissue. This synergistic nature of the herbs allows them to reach and renew tissue that would otherwise not be reached.

Patients with Bartonella can have compromised digestion and thus inadequate nutrition. This herbal combination provides nutrients in a form that is easily digestible. It is rich in B1, Vit C, Niacin, Iron, Potassium, protein, Beta-sitosterol, calcium, chromium, Cobolt, Gaba, Epsilon-sitoterol, magnesium, magnesium, parigemin, phosphorus, pollinastanol. Selenium, silicon and dietary fiber.

This formula helps the biosynthesis of cholesterol.

Helps restore neurotransmitter balance, restoring sleep, memory, concentration and mood.

INGREDIENTS:

Gou Teng: Has been used for centuries to lower the excitability of the central nervous system. Chinese medicine has used this herb for hypertension, convulsions, headache, dizziness, and apoplexy. It increases serotonin that can result in multiple mood and cognitive improvements, including OCD, IBS, fibromyalgia depression and anxiety.

Neem: This herb's anti-viral, anti bacterial and anti-fungal activities are well documented. There is evidence for its use in pneumonia, ulcers, gout, diabetes, hypertension skin infection and wound healing. The essential fatty acid content in Neem is high.

Grapefruit Seed: Grapefruit seed is considered therapeutic against hundreds of different bacteria, virus, parasitic and fungal strains. The extract form the seeds are used in the intestinal track to inhibit infection as well as balancing healthy bacteria. It is a strong antioxidant that has high nutrient values including biotin and Vit C. It is helpful with lymphatic drainage and the elimination of toxins.

Indian Sarsaparilla: This herb has its action on circulation, autoimmunity, joint disease, digestive issues, and viral infections. It is potentially most important as a rich nutrient and alkaloid source. This is a rich source of saponin, panillin, cetyl-alcohol, cobolt, pollinstanol selenium, smilagenin, stigmasterol, zinc, Beta and Epsilon-sitosterol to name just a few.

Poke Root: Pokeroot helps to detox the Lymphatic System. It stimulates the production of B and T cells by the immune system. This herb is active as an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and antibacterial. It is rich in alkaloids that have antihistamine effects. It increases the brains production of GABA.

Licorice: Licorice binds to many types of neurotoxins making it important as a detoxification agent. It is a mucogenic agents that sooth stomach and duodenal ulcers. It has been used in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome and thought to have antiviral effects.

Garlic: has been used as a broad-spectrum antimicrobial and metabolic agent. It has historically been used as an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-spirochete, anti-septic, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant and heavy metal chelator. It supports liver detox and decreases LDL cholesterol. It is a cardiovascular tonic, helps with the biosynthesis of fatty acids phospholipids and acts as an anti-clotting agent.

Clove: This herb acts as a tonic, febrifuge, antiseptic, anti fungal with anti parasitic activity.

Artemisia: This herb has wide recognition as an anti-malarial, anti-fungal, anti-caner, anti-spirochete and enhances natural killer cell response. It also counteracts hyper coagulation.

Usnea: This herb is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial affecting virus, protozoa, Candida, trichamonas, Chlamydia, etc. Also is an analgesic and cyst buster.

RECOMMENDED DOSAGE:

Start with 1 to 5 drops twice daily in water.

Increase or decrease drops depending on patient response. Dosages are highly individualized.

Target dosage: 15 drops twice daily.

Challenge dosage: 20 drops or more two times daily as directed by a health care provider.

I am not familiar with "Bart Challenge". I would like to hear about it. My diagnosis came through PCR/DNA at Galaxy Diagnostics. It is headed by Edward Breitschwerdt the DVM who has discovered over 20 additional species of bart.

http://www.galaxydx.com/web/human-health/

Red

Edited by NancyD

Under the FAQ section it mentions that they don't accept insurance but will give you a form with cpt codes to submit. Although, it didn't sound like it was easily reimbursed, if at all.

They suggest a triple draw (m-w-f) at $550. Bart cycles in and out of the blood 5-7 days. They have never seen 3 positives from one patient.

Single draw is $360.

Below is info on A-Bart (Byron White Herbal Formulas) for provoking and treating Bartonella. I have not heard of the Bartonella ePCR test. If, in fact, they have 99% sensitivity with this test why doesn't anyone know about it? Any one else use this test? http://www.galaxydx.com/web/human-health/faqs/

Red, did your insurance cover this test?

Yes they covered the first $250.