ACN Latitudes Forums

not sure what to do next

So my daughter was diagnosed almost 3 years ago. at first all her symptoms went away completely with augmentin. That seemed to stop working so we switched to zithromax this past january. All her tics disappeared within the first few days and her behavior was wonderful. after a string of viruses and a heavy exposure to strep (9 cases in her class), the tics were back with a vengence. We tried augmentin and zithro combo at one point. we are ok with pandas symptoms but the vocal tics are constant. she's never had them for such a long period of time before. we are with dr t right now. not sure if its time to make an appointment with Dr B or try Dr L. I just don't know what to do. Wondering if the tics are just something we have to live with or if i should be trying to completely erradicate them. we've never done ivig or steriods.

Tics can often be the result of the body not being able to get rid of toxins/garbage. My son was one a big ticcer. Pex and a T&A got rid of them for 1.5 yrs but then when we went thru an aggressive cyst-busting lyme treatment, the tics came back. We had to be less aggressive with abx and increase his detox regimen and then the tics resolved. Haven't been back since.

We tend to want to go in and beat the cr*p out of whatever's making our kids sick. But sometimes the toxins from die-off are worse than the actual infection. Going slower might help. You can also search "detox" here and on the lyme forum and probably on the TS forum. Even if it doesn't resolve your problem, detox helps the body heal and is a good piece to put in place. It's been awhile since I worked with any of the doctors you mentioned (we've worked with an integrative osteopath for the past 2 yrs) but at the time, none of them addressed transsulfuration or detox. For my son, it was a big aspect of his improvements.

IMO, tics are not something you're doomed to learn to live with. But sometimes slow and gentle can be as or more effective than big guns.