ACN Latitudes Forums

My very sad story....In 2006 a crazy homeopath...

My story is one that is very sad to me, because it forever changed my son, and forever changed my life. I had a normal son, and then after seeing this homeopath, he was no longer the same. I repeatedly phoned her crying and crying, telling her that she should not have been greedy, wanting to sell me products just to make a profit at the expense of a child's life. I told her that I had a normal child, and he was disabled after her intervention. I told her that I only went to her because he had enlarged adenoids, and if she had no experience with this, then she should have been honest. Instead, she looked up in some book of hers, and tried to come up with some remedy, and then she prescribed stuff, and then told us to come back two months later, which is when she decided to sell even more stuff, that just did my little son in.

When my little boy was 3 1/2, he had enlarged adenoids and sleep apnea (would snore loudly at night and stop breathing for 8 - 15 seconds every so often every night). I was very worried. A mother told me that this homeopath who was from the same culture as she was, cured her 14 year old boy from boils, by giving some remedy and telling her not to give him apple juice. She referred me to this homeopath, who looked professional with her white lab coat, but really, was a greedy person who just wanted to make money from selling products that were harmful to my little boy.

So...I forever live with the fact that I gave my son products that this homeopath woman prescribed for him, and he started twitching like crazy when I gave him all of the products together like she directed. It was less than one hour later, and I knew something was very wrong with my little boy. I contacted her, and she told me to give him baking soda. I phoned poison control, who thought I was nuts to give him stuff that this homeopath had prescribed, and they told me to go to emerg. I phoned a health food store that is reputable, and they told me that my son had injested a toxic dose, and needed to be detoxed. I went to emerg, and by the time they saw him, he had stopped twitching like crazy. They looked at the products and said that I was nuts to give this stuff to a kid. It was weird stuff they said, especially the fact that this homeopath had put together a 'remedy" of various liquids into a bottle, and had not labelled what was in the bottle.

So, for one and a half months, I was giving my son some liquid 'remedy' that she had put together in a dark bottle, in addition to these pills called IGA+, which she told me to open the capsules and put them in jam and give them to him twice per day. So, two pills per day, for a 3 1/2 year old child.

I did that for the month and half or two months, and then went to see her again, and this time, she started saying that "every child should be on this stuff" and she was referring to the adult colloidal multiminerals, a berry fish oil, and neuropowder probiotic for adults. It was the combination of everything that set my son off within one hour of him getting everything one day, right after our second visit to the homeopath. My son's body or arm twitched like crazy and he had a blank stare. Now I suspect that he was having seizures, but at that time, I thought that seizures only looked like the ones that I had heard about, where someone falls to the ground and shakes and foams at the mouth. That wasn't the case for my son. Instead, he just started shaking and he turned grey. The ony new things I had given him were the things that she said that 'every child should be on this stuff"...

She never asked me if my son was already taking anything, which he was. I was giving him genestra multivitamins for kids, some high end cod liver oil capsules, and probiotics for kids. The addtional stuff was just too much for his body it seems. From what I can tell, there is a lot of glutamic acid in these formulas, which is so weird considering that I used to be so so so careful not to give anything that had msg to my son, but here I blindly went along with what this crazy homeopath woman said. Also, there are amino acids in some of this stuff. I didn't know what they were back then, but now, after reading this forum, realize that people use amino acids to help with various things.

But really .... my 3 1/2 year old son changed that day. He had these little twitches from that day forward. Half an hour after I gave him all of the stuff that she had told me to give him, we went to a child and mom program, and my typically quiet sweet child, suddenly screamed out really loudly in a loud scream that lasted for one minute. I knew something was off, because he had never done that before, and he was always really quiet and compliant and sweet. My brother who is into neurology thinks that my son's brain had a surge of something that caused him to suddenly react, like too much msg, causing his brain to be full of neurotoxins and have a bad reaction. Then, after leaving the play group and coming home, my son started twitching. From that day on, my son always twitches in his sleep. That has never changed.

Small things like a bumper car ride that hurt his neck, would cause shoulder shrugs. I definitely did not vaccinate after that, worried that something else would set him off. He had his 18 month vaccine but at 24 months, so that we could spread things out. Also, he was always sick with some cold with his enlarged adenoids that we didn't do vaccines. Thank goodness. His toxic load was too great.

So, I just wanted to share with everyone about my little boy's history. All of this toxic overdose changed him, and he was never the same again. From that day on, he had little twitchy things that would come and go, whereas before, he didn't. I videotaped him all the time, and was a stay at home mom with him at the time, so I knew his every little move, personality, and temperment. That whole thing changed my son. So...perhaps he was predisposed to getting tics, and overloading his little body with toxic doses of crazy stuff just overloaded his body, making him susceptible to twitching and having tics, and ts. Perhaps his story is like the kids who have autism whose bodies could not take the toxic load of vaccines, and ended up with autism. My son has tics, no autism. Yet...I would like you to know how the homeopath responded when I told her that she had turned my normal child into a child with a disability, all because she wanted to sell me products that were above what everyone was selling them for, and products that my son did not need.

I reminded her that I came in to see about his adenoids, and she told me that every child should be on all of this stuff. She then told me that these products are good for kids with autism, and the company told her that the products are good for everyone! I got very upset with this crazy homeopath, saying that she was just spouting off rhetoric that the company was dishing out to make money. She had not grounds to give him the crazy stuff with glutamic acid and amino acids and all this crazy stuff. He was a little boy who had enlarged adenoids,that was all! He had no tics, and he had no asd issues. I cried and told her to never harm another child again because of her greed.

I also told her that my son did not have autism going in to see her, so why would she prescribe something that she gives to kids who are autistic? She said that the company said that it is good for everyone! So weird! I cried and cried and cried so much for months on end. I ended up having my own health issues as a result of my guilt over my stupidity and ignorance. My brother found it so weird that I was always so careful what my little boy ate (always natural stuff) and then suddenly I just blindly followed this crazy homeopath's recommendation, and my son is harmed forever. You know, if I could turn back time, I totally would. So much would be different. I really wish I could. Now, I live with what exists, and I try to see what can help my little boy, who is a bigger boy now. My ds9 is living with tics because I followed what a greedy homeopath recommended. I stupidly followed what she prescribed, yet all the time before that, I would never allow anyone to give my kid anything with msg or any food additive. I hate myself for that. I wish that God would punish me directly, and not my little boy.

I want to warn everyone to be careful. Don't blindly follow someone who tries to make a profit by selling you lots of stuff. This homeopath said that she is a naturopath in Quebec, but when I phoned the naturopath association, they said that anyone can be a naturopath in Quebec, it only takes a weekend course or a correspondence class, or a class that is a workshop. There are no standards. I am in Ontario, and there are no regulated homeopaths here. There is no governing body. She can continue to do her crazy stuff to others if greed takes over. We have regulated naturopaths here, that must study for 4 years. There is a governing body for Ontario naturopaths, but not homeopaths. Anyone can be a homeopath here, with very little training. Very scary.

Here is the stuff that she gave my 3 1/2 year old son, in addition to her made up remedy that included belladonna and alcohol and some other stuff.... Wondering if anyone can figure out what could have caused his body to forever twitch in his sleep, and have tics every so often, as if he has ts. I suspect it was the glutamic acid, but I don't have a science background. After figuring it all out, now I have to see what can help him for the rest of his life.

The colloidal multimins liquid for adults had these ingredients in them:

Ingredients:

Each Tablespoon (15 ml) Contains: Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 30 mg Calcium (Carbonate) 3 mg Iron (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 300 mcg Iodine (Kelp) 50 mcg Magnesium (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 1500 mcg Zinc (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 300 mcg Potassium (Chloride) 2 mg Selenium (Selenomethionine) 25 mcg Copper (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 100 mcg Manganese (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 300 mcg Chromium (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 50 mcg Molybdenum (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 25 mcg Vanadium (Aspartic Acid Chelate) 25 mcg Colloidal Minerals: Antimony, Barium, Beryllium, Bismuth, Bromine, Carbon, Cerium, Cesium, Chlorine, Cobalt, Dysprosium, Erbium, Europium, Fluorine, Gadolinium, Gallium, Germanium, Gold, Hafnium, Holmium, Lithium, Niobium, Nitrogen, Osmium, Oxygen, Palladium, Phosphorus, Platinum, Praseodymium, Rhenium, Ruthenium, Samarium, Scandium, Silicon, Silver, Sodium, Strontium, Sulfur, Tantalum, Tellurium, Terbium, Thallium, Thorium, Thulium, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Ytterbium, Yttrium, Zirconium Natural Orange Flavor and Fructose

The IGA+ had these ingredients in it:

http://www.sednaproducts.com/Secure/ecommerce/details.asp?prdn=55

This advanced anti-oxidant formula contains a complement of synergistic nutrient precursors to intracellular glutathione synthesis.

Available in bottles containing 60 capsules.

Each capsule contains:

N-acetyl-L-Cysteine .............. 300 mg

Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid.................................. 50 mg

Reduced Glutathione ......... 25 mg

Glycine ............................ 25 mg

Glutamic Acid .................... 25 mg

Lipoic Acid ...................... 7.5 mg

Glycylglutamine ............... 5 mg

Inosine ........................... 5 mg

L-Carnosine ..................... 2.5 mg

Selenomethionin .............. 50 mcg

SUGGESTED USE: Take 1 or 2 capsules daily, or as directed by a health professional.

The probiotic/neuropowder had these ingredients in them:

http://www.yourethecure.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=78&category_id=328

Genestra Brands HMF Neuro Powder is a unique preparation containing various strains and species of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteria along with prebiotics to specifically assist with autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD).

The new Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus crispatus species have the capability of breaking down the exorphin peptides which can be produced in excess in the intestines of autistic children.

In addition to possessing peptide-hydrolysing abilities, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis, and the two strains of L. acidophilus assist with mercury detoxification and helps to heal the mucosal barrier and restore the intestinal tract.

The addition of the fructo-oligosaccharides allows for optimal microbial balance leading to proper immune function.

Research shows that autistic children have significantly higher gastrointestinal tract disorders, and have increased intestinal permeability consequently leading to the accumulations of toxins such as heavy metals, in particular mercury, and undigested proteins in the lymph, circulatory and central nervous systems, triggering systemic abnormalities.

Undigested proteins, from foods containing gluten and casein, can lead to the production of aberrant peptides with opioid activity or “exorphins” in the intestines.

HMF Neuro Powder helps heal and maintain the integrity of the intestinal tract, and is indicated for ADHD and for all ASDs such as autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, Rett Syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder - not otherwise specified.

EACH ¼ TEASPOON (1 g) CONTAINS

LAB4 + LR Consortium . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 billion CFU

Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60)

Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21)

Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)

Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34)

(formerly Bifidobacterium lactis)

Lactobacillus rhamnosus (CUL-63)

L-Glutamine . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 500 mg

Fructooligosaccharides (FOS). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 250 mg

Formulated to contain 12.5 billion CFU/capsule (combined) at time of manufacture.

Risk Information:

If you are experiencing nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhoea or severe abdominal pain; or if you have an immune-compromised condition, do not use. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding; or if you are following a low protein diet, consult vyour healthcare practitioner prior to use. If symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond three days, discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner.

The berry fish oils had this in it:

300 ml (10.1 fl. oz.)

Genestra Brands Berry EFA Plus is a great tasting, berry-flavored, water-soluble pharmaceutical grade fish oil combined with anthocyanidins, or potent antioxidants, specifically formulated to provide essential nutrients for optimal cardiovascular and neurological health.

This complex manufacturing process eliminates environmental pollutants and allows for the absorption of high concentrations of eicosapenaenoic acid (EPA) and doco-sahexaenoic acid (DHA) without gastric distress. In addition, a patented lipid emulsification and micro-encapsulation process is used resulting in faster and greater absorption of long-chain fatty acids. Therefore, it is ideal for individuals who have difficulty absorbing fat or for those who have impaired digestive function.

Sublingually-absorbed anthocyanidins help to enhance immune function and protect cells from oxidative stress and damage.

Studies show EPA is important for the regulation of blood pressure, blood clotting, and immune and inflammatory responses. Increasing evidence indicates DHA is an important contributor to cardiovascular health by improving the overall blood lipid profile. Berry EFA Plus is indicated for all cardiovascular disorders, neurovegetative conditions, and for free radical damage, and premature aging.

Berry EFA Plus is a unique mixed berry and fruit concentrate exclusively formulated for palatability making it ideal for children and adults who dislike fish odor, and emulsified for individuals who have difficulty absorbing fats due to digestive dysfunction.

Each Teaspoon (5 ml) contains:

Eicosapentenoic Acid (EPA) 250 mg

Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 187 mg

Concentrated Pure Fish Oil 1280 mg

From Wild Sardines and Anchovy

Anthocyanidins 15 mg

Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols) 13 mg

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 25 mg

I don't know what the amino acids can do to a little child's brain, but I suspect it caused his brain to have an overload of toxic chemicals, that caused him to have neurological issues (tics) that surface often. Now he is having huge issues with tics, after being hit in the back of the head....kicked by a school mate during soccer. Also, there were a lot of sick kids in his class. But the abx seemed to bring out the tics more.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on and who you recommend I go to see at this point in life? Ds is 9 years old now, no longer 3 1/2. I have lived with this pain for so long, and every time he tics and twiches, my heart dies and dies, knowing how it all started, wishing I could take it back, wishing I would have been smarter.

MOthers are supposed to do what is best for their children. Unfortunately, I made a grave error, and my sweet little boy was harmed by the crazy stuff that this homeopath prescribed, and I gave him. I look back and think...he was so little... he was so little. HOw could anyone prescribe adult doses to a little child? How could I as the mom be so stupid, and blindly give it all to him, hoping it would help him? Stupid. You know...they say that we should follow our instincts, and my instinct was to wonder why she was suddenly prescribing all of this extra stuff, and charging tons of money not only for our visit, but for all of these products that "every child should be on" that really had nothing to do with his enlarged adenoids. My fear of having surgery, sent my son into the arms of a greedy homeopath. We would not have done surgery anyways, considering that the big children's hospital around here said that they wanted to wait until he was 7 years old to assess whether or not the adenoids shrunk....which they did.

Huge mistake I made. My son and I live with it, but him moreso than me. I don't know how to rectify it, or make things better. Please help and guide me in the right direction. I hope it isn't too late to help my only child. I hope that I can guide him towards not having to always deal with having tics, and having kids ask him why he does those movements. It is sad, as you all know. It is sad to have a child who is different. It is sad for us, and sad for them. I wish that no child had tics, or ts, or pandas. I hope that God helps all children.

Has your child been to see a neurologist or had an EEG done to see if he really suffers from an abnormal EEG or seizures??

[/quote

Went to two neurologists. Both said that he had tic disorder, likely related to pandas, because he had so many strep infections. One wanted to do a sleep deprived sleep test to see if there were seizures in his sleep, but said that it was not likely the case. I got scared close to the date of the sleep test, because he had no tics for such a long time during the day, and I know that sleep deprivation brings them out.

The other neurologist said that he would not order an EEG because my son didnt appear to have seizures.

• 1 month later...

Sweet cheeks mom,

So sorry for your story. I know the guilt that you must feel.

I am thinking since your son has immunity issues and possible suspectiblility to certain things, the homeopathic remedies may have brought something out. So many people take homepathic remedies lightly but it is very potent & powerful & it can go very deep depending on the potency that is prescribe.

According to what you described, your homeopath was not a classically trained homeopath. One of the basic principal of homeopathy is one remedy at a time, no combination remedies & w/o any other medications, supplements.... A knowledgable homeopath can give you a antidote to a bad remedy or another better suited remedy to counter the first remedy's bad reaction.

I was very intrigue with homeopathy because of my son's tic issues. I did notice the Unda numbers (homeopathic combination remedies) that were prescribed to him by his 2 previous ND always increased tics. I consulted various homeopaths & I got different opinions everytime. Out of frustration, I went to homeopathic school for almost 2 years to find answers and I was a homeopathic patients for 2 years. So to make the story short, what I learned is that homeopathy does not benefit everyone. As much as it can heal, it can also harm. To find a good homeopath, you must understand the philosophy of what homeopathy is about. And I think that goes for all modalities, western, eastern, alternative...

At this point, perhaps focusing on strengthening his overall immunity & slow detoxing may be helpful. That was the approach that healed my son along with other modalities. If you are interested, find my old threads.

Good luck!