ACN Latitudes Forums

Is this true

Lyme gave my dd racing thoughts but it usually set her off into a fit of rolling around on the floor and pulling at her hair or following me around asking me to make it stop and stuff like that.

My other dd was so tired all she could do was watch TV but she didn't have racing thoughts.

Susan

My DD had lots of brain fog, we discovered there is a PANS element to her illness in addition to Lyme. Not sure about racing thoughts but my DD developed OCD and tons of anxiety - this is the PANS elemnent. She sees and LLMD and somoene for PANDAS. We are using Doxy even though she is 8.5. We are going to use it for 1-2 months and then go back on Biaxin/Augmentin. It's really a parental choice.I know many would see it as aggressive in my case due to DD's age but as I understand it is strongest oral against Lyme I made that decision.

Could Lyme disease cause so much confusion and racing thoughts in a child that they cant think straight or do anything but watch tv?

Has anyone EVER heard of things being THAT bad? Not sure if her problem is even Lyme disease!!!!

I've not heard of that exact description but I would say yes. My son did not have racing thoughts - or if he did he was unable to express that, but he went through a long period where watching TV was about all he was good for.

Regarding treatment for Lyme, my son was (eventually) diagnosed with PANDAS, Lyme, bartonella. He has been on multiple ABX with primary ones being augmentin, minocycline, and azithromycin. He was on all three for about a year but then started having problems with bowels. At that point we dropped the augmentin. Started serious treatment at 12, now 14.

As to the aggression when given medications, I wonder if your daughter is one who has methylation issues? You'll find multiple conversations in this forum on that. I suspect that when kids/adults have issues with a lot of different medicines it is not a result of any die off but rather issues processing the medicines. (But since I'm not a doctor my opinion is worth the cost you pay to read this ; ) My son does not seem to have any issue with ABX and only rare/isolated reactions that only might have been related to something I was giving him. As such, I've not explored the methylation issues but might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

bill

Edited by Bill

Yes, this and a whole lot more!

What kind of treatment is your DD on (abx, supplements, herbs, etc). Is she detoxing? Are you supporting her liver and adrenals?

I agree with Bill about looking into MTHFR. And also possible KPU.

Is your DD completely dye free? Red and blue dyes alone will do that to my daughter and more!

Could Lyme disease cause so much confusion and racing thoughts in a child that they cant think straight or do anything but watch tv?

Has anyone EVER heard of things being THAT bad? Not sure if her problem is even Lyme disease!!!!

thanks. i have treated for lyme bart. panda. all the meds make her so aggressive. way past the die-off phase. it happens with all medications and supplants. nothing has worked thus far to help my child. thirteen years of trying all kinds of treatments.

wow 13 years is a really long time - just wondering have you tried different LLMD's? IV abx?

My son would tell me that it's not that he liked watching TV, it just kept his mind occupied so his thoughts were not so bad. With my daughter, she tries to always stay active and keep her hands busy to keep her mind quiet. It might just be coping mechanism.