ACN Latitudes Forums
  • pandas-cover-cropped.pngYour Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen our PANDAS eBook?  Our book is a helpful primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need.  Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Learn more

Sign in to follow this  
fcefxer

(Picture this in size 100 font)

God Bless the brilliant Dr. T. Band 41 came up on the Western Blot. We switched to Doxy and voila! Vocals stopped first, then motor, other than feeling pukey, she's smiling. I feel like it's Christmas. Better than Christmas. Crying happy. Blubbering actually. SO until we get in with the Lyme doctor, Doxy is tough on the stomach. I read there is an injectable Doxy. Anyone using it to avoid gut issues?

(giant grin)

Nancy

Yay!!!!

Make sure to take doxy with food (1/2 way through a meal) and be diligent in the sun. Lots of sunscreen! Don't forget the probiotics. I like Klaire Detox Thera-biotic capsules. I also use Florastor & Culturelle.

Hope it continues!

Yay!!!!

Make sure to take doxy with food (1/2 way through a meal) and be diligent in the sun. Lots of sunscreen! Don't forget the probiotics. I like Klaire Detox Thera-biotic capsules. I also use Florastor & Culturelle.

Hope it continues!

Do you use the culturelle, thera and florastor together? I've been thinking of starting everyone on culturelle, but we've been using other things (I want to change things around a bit.)

BTW, florastor is just the name brand for sacchromyces bollardi. You can get less expensive brands than florastor, and also florastor has lactose in it.

Nancy, I am soooooo happy for you guys. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (do I look happy?)

Yay!!!!

Hope it continues!

Do you use the culturelle, thera and florastor together? I've been thinking of starting everyone on culturelle, but we've been using other things (I want to change things around a bit.)

BTW, florastor is just the name brand for sacchromyces bollardi. You can get less expensive brands than florastor, and also florastor has lactose in it.

Nancy, I am soooooo happy for you guys. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (do I look happy?)

I give florastor in the am, integrative pearls at lunchtime, culturelle an hour before bedtime and klaire thera-biotic at bedtime.

awesome. sooo happy for you. Dr T likely told you but fwiw Doxy can cause intracranial pressure increase so any headache needs to be evaluated. Our LLMD said take 20BN culturelle 2x/day but we usually take it once for logistic reasons. Sometimes I mix in a Florastor but not sure if I am supposed to. Doxy is very caustic in all forms, I think you are better off with tablets. The food thing seems to help even though you are not supposed to take with food.

awesome. sooo happy for you. Dr T likely told you but fwiw Doxy can cause intracranial pressure increase so any headache needs to be evaluated. Our LLMD said take 20BN culturelle 2x/day but we usually take it once for logistic reasons. Sometimes I mix in a Florastor but not sure if I am supposed to. Doxy is very caustic in all forms, I think you are better off with tablets. The food thing seems to help even though you are not supposed to take with food.

I would think it would be fine to mix culturelle/florastor, as many combo probiotics (many strains) include both.

fwiw- my llmd said to disregard the label to take doxy/minocin on an empty stomach and take with food.

Edited by philamom

Yay!!!!

Hope it continues!

I give florastor in the am, integrative pearls at lunchtime, culturelle an hour before bedtime and klaire thera-biotic at bedtime.

How do you have time for all the other abx/supplements? Why don't you give all the probiotics at one time? Just curious?

Thats great! Thanks for letting us know its working for you. We were on Doxy for a long time, now on minocycline.

DS could not tolerate Doxy without food - most people can't. Our label said to take without food, not with, so we disregarded the label to take on an empty stomache.

There is a Barnd of Doxy called Doryx, which is what we had DS on, since he was on it for so long because of MycoP, at fairly high does. Its very expensive (even with insurance paying for most of it), but easier on the stomach. ..still had to take with food!

DS has had no problems with the mino as far as his stomache goes, very different from the Doxy.

I am so happy to hear the great news about you daughter!!!!!! These are my favorite posts.!! God bless her and I hope she continues to feel this way!!! Parents like you keep me strong and give me hope!!!! I am smiling from ear to ear right now! It's so good to hear its helping!! Enjoy!!!

Mar