**31 kDa IND

**34 kDa –

**39 kDa –

**41 kDa IND

45 kDa –

58 kDa –

**83-93 kDa IND

Thanks!

The IND at band 31 & 83-93 is enough evidence to suggest treatment. My advice would be to find an LLMD.

Edited by philamom

Certain bands are lyme specific, and yes "something" was seen.

When I first had the Igenex test done on my daughter (ordered by my then daughter's ped at my request) it was positive for IGM. But I was still uncertain about cross-reaction with one of the bands, so I ran the 31 epitope (?- it's been a while) follow-up. When we had our first appt with an LLMD a month later, he said the follow up test was a waste of money since there was something at the 83-93 band. We went on to find Bartonella, RMSf, and more recently - a positive culture for lyme with Advanced Lab.

I would make an appt. with an LLMD. They will help you sort things out. If you or your child tests positive for Babesia (tick borne co-infection) you will need something other than antibiotics to get rid of it.

All of my sons co-infection results cam back negative, although we suspected Bartonella. He was highly symptomatic in Nov and Dec and had an onset of PANS Jan 8 (thought PANDAS, but the titers didnt rise at the end of Jan) He has been asymtomatic since April 30..since starting Zithromax.

Thanks..we will see the LLMD as soon as finances allow.

All of my sons co-infection results cam back negative, although we suspected Bartonella. He was highly symptomatic in Nov and Dec and had an onset of PANS Jan 8 (thought PANDAS, but the titers didnt rise at the end of Jan) He has been asymtomatic since April 30..since starting Zithromax.

Thanks..we will see the LLMD as soon as finances allow.

fwiw- when I originally tested dd with Igenex (thru ped) I ran the complete panel. All her co-infections were negative. When we had our initial appt. with LLMD a month later he was certain she had Bartonella and tested by another lab, which she was positive. Glad to hear your son is doing well but keep an eye on things.

Edited by philamom

Certain bands are lyme specific, and yes "something" was seen.

When I first had the Igenex test done on my daughter (ordered by my then daughter's ped at my request) it was positive for IGM. But I was still uncertain about cross-reaction with one of the bands, so I ran the 31 epitope (?- it's been a while) follow-up. When we had our first appt with an LLMD a month later, he said the follow up test was a waste of money since there was something at the 83-93 band. We went on to find Bartonella, RMSf, and more recently - a positive culture for lyme with Advanced Lab.

I would make an appt. with an LLMD. They will help you sort things out. If you or your child tests positive for Babesia (tick borne co-infection) you will need something other than antibiotics to get rid of it.

Babesia is treated with anti-malarial medication. I agree, that you should go see an LLMD. If you need names, PM me.

My LLMD told me and gave me an article about 93, in any form IND or +, is hugely indicitive of Lyme, more than the other bands. He said he normally will not treat on one IGG band alone, but with 93 it is a clear indication to treat.

Just joined this forum, wish I joined earlier and I would be aware enough to have tested my daughter earlier...Just got her blood test results from LAB CORP:

Borrelia:

IgG P58 present

IgM P23 Present

Bartonella: negative

Babesia: no testing

Ehrlichiosis: IgM positive

Mycoplasma: IgG, IgM both positive

HHV6 antibody positive

This ILADs lyme Dr told me there is no need to do further testing, should start treatment based on test and symptoms, which is on 3 antibiotics for 2 yrs duration, and there is no garantee of a cure (relapse not unconman)..I am just devastated to hear that. and I am researching about lyme day and night to try to understand this thing.

So, how should I proceed from here? I did order Igenix test complete panel for Lyme WT blot and IgG/IgM for all three co-infections, plus an advanced culture test, I have to wait about 3 wks for all results to come in...I did not order PCR nor the FISH test.

Can you tell me using what method and which lab you are able to test Bartonella positive? How about Babesia?

Is this Dr even right to start treatment like that based on results we have? I do see on test result, there is a note from Lab stating that caution should be made that if IgG negative, IgM positive on a band, false positive is HIGHLY likely!?

DD is doing much better now, still have tics, all pain and numbness went away (took a yr).

Any advise and insight regarding testing and treatment would be greatly appreciated!

History:

DD8 had 2 episodes of fever/vomiting last year March and April,2011. She had pain all over started from lower leg pain during fever. Headache, eye pain, blurry vision, cheek pain under temple area. Jaw pain, grinding so frequently and loud wakes me up at night. Kicking like crazy at night. Insomnia. hard to fall in sleep. Sudden chest pain(heart), fall to the ground. Stomach pain everyday, arms and legs pain. Bleeding gums, blisters in mouth and on lips. Lymph swollen and pain under chin. Numbness and tingling on hands and feet. Stabbing pain mostly on legs and feet, but also on other body parts. Hair falling. Eye brow thinning.

Out of balance, fall and bump into things. Easily get upset, started poking other girls.

She kept tell me her brain does not work anymore several days later when she is well enought to go to school.. I noticed her reading and writing deteriorate. She could not read smoothly anymore, jumping between lines, stuter on words, can't read one sentence at once. Writing become angular and very small.

Sad and clingy. Anxiaty and fear. Headach and motion sickness in Car, which never had before.

Starting May 16, 2011. Noticed jerky motion IN SLEEP in her feet, then spread to her legs, truck, arms and hands, sometime her mouth and neck. In July she started to jerk during the day, her fingers had rolling motion and mouth moving, the tics keep changing forms..after 1 yr seeing numerous Drs, diagnose points to Tourettes. and was told it's no big deal and there is no cure.

I would just save your money for further testing down the road to see how she is reponding to treatment. You have enough to start treatment and ILADs doctor...make sure you get her a 504 at school for those hard days. I'm sorry this is heartwrenching to see our kids so ill..may God be with you..she will get better..be patient and follow the protocol.

Just joined this forum, wish I joined earlier and I would be aware enough to have tested my daughter earlier...Just got her blood test results from LAB CORP:

Borrelia:

IgG P58 present

IgM P23 Present

HHV6 antibody positive

This ILADs lyme Dr told me there is no need to do further testing, should start treatment based on test and symptoms, which is on 3 antibiotics for 2 yrs duration, and there is no garantee of a cure (relapse not unconman)..I am just devastated to hear that. and I am researching about lyme day and night to try to understand this thing.

So, how should I proceed from here? I did order Igenix test complete panel for Lyme WT blot and IgG/IgM for all three co-infections, plus an advanced culture test, I have to wait about 3 wks for all results to come in...I did not order PCR nor the FISH test.

Can you tell me using what method and which lab you are able to test Bartonella positive? How about Babesia?

Is this Dr even right to start treatment like that based on results we have? I do see on test result, there is a note from Lab stating that caution should be made that if IgG negative, IgM positive on a band, false positive is HIGHLY likely!?

DD is doing much better now, still have tics, all pain and numbness went away (took a yr).

Any advise and insight regarding testing and treatment would be greatly appreciated!

History:

DD8 had 2 episodes of fever/vomiting last year March and April,2011. She had pain all over started from lower leg pain during fever. Headache, eye pain, blurry vision, cheek pain under temple area. Jaw pain, grinding so frequently and loud wakes me up at night. Kicking like crazy at night. Insomnia. hard to fall in sleep. Sudden chest pain(heart), fall to the ground. Stomach pain everyday, arms and legs pain. Bleeding gums, blisters in mouth and on lips. Lymph swollen and pain under chin. Numbness and tingling on hands and feet. Stabbing pain mostly on legs and feet, but also on other body parts. Hair falling. Eye brow thinning.

Out of balance, fall and bump into things. Easily get upset, started poking other girls.

She kept tell me her brain does not work anymore several days later when she is well enought to go to school.. I noticed her reading and writing deteriorate. She could not read smoothly anymore, jumping between lines, stuter on words, can't read one sentence at once. Writing become angular and very small.

Sad and clingy. Anxiaty and fear. Headach and motion sickness in Car, which never had before.

Starting May 16, 2011. Noticed jerky motion IN SLEEP in her feet, then spread to her legs, truck, arms and hands, sometime her mouth and neck. In July she started to jerk during the day, her fingers had rolling motion and mouth moving, the tics keep changing forms..after 1 yr seeing numerous Drs, diagnose points to Tourettes. and was told it's no big deal and there is no cure.

Borrelia:

IgG P58 present

IgM P23 Present

HHV6 antibody positive

History:

JMO - I would start treating ASAP if it were my child. With some positive bands and positive co-infections, and especially with her history of symptoms it sure sounds like lyme. You have already ordered Igenex and Advanced Lab's culture test, so you will have more information soon.

My son has lyme - 8 bands between IgM & IgG, plus I am CDC positive, so not much doubt here. He has similar symptoms to what you listed - everything except the vomitting, bleeding gums, and hair loss. In addition to your list he has severe psychological issues, and sensory processing problems. He gets the sudden severe chest pains that literally drop him to the ground. I have never heard anyone else mention that before I read your post today. He has had various heart tests and everything is perfectly normal with his heart. It gets chalked up to panic attacks, which I do not believe for a second, because he is not anxious when this happens, but is usually exercising - running or dancing around. He completely lost his ability to read and write last year, but with treatment this year his reading quickly came back to grade level and his writing is catching up.

Again JMO, but what do you have to lose by starting treatment now... A few weeks of antibiotics while you wait for the additional test results is not going to hurt her. And you just might have everything to gain. My DS8 made HUGE gains in the first several weeks, to the point that people were commenting he was not the same kid anymore. It was literally a night and day transformation. He did well for 9 months, then we had some setbacks, and just recently made some med changes and got him back on track again. It will not be easy, but I can not imagine our lives if we had not done this. The alternative is terrifying.