ACN Latitudes Forums

Manganese is bad for tics?

Yes. There are some cereals and breads that have too much manganese, and I no longer buy them, because of their high manganese content. The cereal that has the word "Buds" in it... Fiber Buds or something like that, has too much manganese. Kids twitch like crazy after eating them for a few days. Same with the cheaper breads on the market that are overly fortified, like wonderbread and those types of breads. I worry that the hamburger buns and hotdog buns made by those companies also have high manganese, even though they don't list it, because of space limitation. It makes kids tic like crazy.

I am not aware of it being singled out as being specifically bad for tics?

It is in most multivitamins

Manganese is neurotoxic in very high doses, but not at the RDA levels that most people use it

Bran Buds I think the cereal is called, has a high percentage of manganese, and those extra fortified cheaper breads also have very high percentages of manganese. Like....90 percent or something like that. Therefore, when a child has that bread or that cereal for a few days in a row, or a large amount of it, they react. Now I understand why... Chemar, you said that it is neurotoxic. That makes sense. High levels of msg does the same thing. Thanks for informing us.

I worry that the hamburger buns and hotdog buns made by those companies also have high manganese, even though they don't list it, because of space limitation. It makes kids tic like crazy.

I don't think companies can just not list stuff because of space limitations.

I was asking about it because one of the treatments for tendonitis I've seen mentions using manganese but that seemed to me like one of the things people have said can exacerbate tics.