ACN Latitudes Forums

High HHV-6 IgG and tics

Not my story, so i don't know the fine details.

Patient had very high hhv6.

I believe they used arteminsinin.

It took a loonngg time to slowly bring down the number.

i don't know the dosage.

I also dont remember if there were other naturals or abx's used in combo.

But definitely ate clean, super healthy and detoxed.

Tics did improve as number came down. I dont know current status of titers vs tics.

Edited by Fixit

Hi Fixit,

Keep trying to PM you but it doesnt go through?

Thanks for the info. I will search.

Hope all is well on your end :)

Hey Betty,

I just checked out the lyme site and juliafaith posted something regarding her child and hhv6 and removing mold. Maybe you want to pm her. post is "holding steady"

• 3 weeks later...

We found extremely high hhv6 with additional Lyme testing (over 3 times normal). I don't remember what doc said about it, but we are treating the Lyme with Aug XR and Biaxin XL and flagyl. Should we be doing something else for the hhv6? We can't seem to combat the tics. Btw just found positive Myco p infection in dd. Contacted study, haven't heard back yet. Will try again in Monday.

Antibiotics won't treat viral infections. Juliafaith has lots of experience so definitely search her posts on the lyme forum. We used l-lysine - an amino acid available as an OTC supplement - to successfully beat EBV. You can search pubmed for research to find naturals that fight viral infections. Also do detox while fighting an infection to help with toxins from die-off, as well as supplements to help build glutathione - these steps can help with tics.

Just happened to see your post and thought it would be easier for me to reply then for you to search on the forum. :)

My ds14 did have a tic in his throat when treatment started 19 mos. ago but I thought it might have been from the 2 pneumonia's in his lungs. Not sure tho. It stopped pretty quickly after starting treatment with an ND (Natureopathic Doctor).

He was put on Valtrex for a long time along with some anti-viral natureopathic meds. (from BioPure). After 14 mos. of treatment dr. said son had gotten rid of 'big bugs' (ie. lyme; pnue etc.) but not the small ones (viruses). So we had the choice to do injections of GcMaf (a new treatment at ~$900/2 months - no insurance coverage) or start on Valcyte. This is very expensive (~$3000/month) but insurance, after approval, paid for all but $150/month so we went in that direction. Dr. warned us that patients usually do not feel great on the med. but after they are done, they feel great.

Now, after 5 months of treatment he was just taken off of it per muscle testing. Dr. said it would be 6-9 mos. of treatment originally, so we are very happy! Son was 'baseline' for first 2 months of taking it but after that had almost continuous flare-up until about 3 weeks before taken off of it when out-of-the-blue started feeling good, better than ever. This happened to coincide with removal of the last bit of mold in home (attic) so not sure if that was the final thing needed. Dr. usually follows up with blood testing to make sure so anticipating that coming up.

My son is feeling better than any time in the last 2 1/2 yrs. (I know this because he actually has started saying it, whereas, before he never would).

PM me if you have any add'l questions. Best wishes on continued healing!

Edited by JuliaFaith