ACN Latitudes Forums

Echocardiogram results

DS 10 echocardiogram came back showing Mild Mitral Valve Regurgitation. Long story short. He had a spell at school and we went to neurologist after an MRI was ordered. DS has complained in the past of chest pain. He fatigues easily. We now have an appt with a pediatric cardiologist.

Dr K diagnosed DS PANDAS in 2010. I have rheumatic Fever on both sides of my family.

Can anyone else chime in here? Could DS have had RF and it went undiagnosed? He has had two illnesses (4 yrs old and 8 yrs old)where he had a fever for two days and was unable to walk.

I'm totally lost here. Anyones kiddos have heart issues?

Thanks

Thank you for your response. Does your child have symtpoms? Mine fatigues easily and has complained that his heart hurts. I'm really flipping out here and thinking back to those two illnesses where he was unalble to walk. (yes he's been tested for Lyme and is clean as a whistle,) He is also weak, uncoordinated and his knee and hip joints are very stiff. Guess we will just have to wait and see what the doc says.

Yes we have mitral valve prolapse with a slight regurgitation as well, but it's very common and not necessarily due to strep.

As you know our family has Lyme et al. Our younger son has Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, HHV6, Coxsackies and heart related issues since 5 1/2 months old. It could easily be Coxsackies (Foot and Mouth) as it can cause fatigue, paralysis and heart related issues. It is an opportunistic virus and will easily pick on individuals with a compromised immune system. Our children's titers have been raised since they were originally tested almost 2 years ago. They have been on a rotation anti-virals (some specifically for Coxsackies) since and only recently showed physical signs of this particular virus.

http://www.safewater.org/PDFS/resourcesknowthefacts/Coxsakie_B.pdf

My son's heart showed signs of stress at beginning of lyme treatment so has been on 'cratoxy' supplement for heart support for many months now.

Also, I have mitral valve prolapse and I do not notice much except fast heartbeats periodically which I use biofeedback? to stop them right away (and I may be considered old by some. :)

Keep healing!

When you wrote clean as a whistle for Lyme, can you specify what testing was done (ELISA or WB) and by which labs? And if WB, if any bands IGG or IGM came back positive? What you are descibing are pretty specific Lyme symptoms too.

Edited by Hopeny

My daughter was ultimately diagnosed with Pandas and Sydenham's chorea.

During the first episode, she had mitral valve regurgiation. They said there was no way to tell if it had been present before the health issues started as she'd never been tested for it before she got sick. We went to the cardiologist several times over the next two years. After the first two or three visits, cardio said "she's a perfectly healthy child" and we went back about 8 mos. later for a check up. We weren't going to go back, but got a letter from her office that she should come in for a checkup. (We hadn't seen her for over a year at that point.)

We just saw her again in April and she said my daughter is perfectly fine and doesn't need to come back anymore. (My daughter has been symptom free since getting plasmapharesis in 2011 and is still on zithromax, probably for at least 8 more years.)