ACN Latitudes Forums

FINALLY made it to CT!

Just had to post this as a testament to how far my little guy as come.

After boarding our flight, had to deplane because of an equipment malfinction - delayed indefinitely - possibly cancelled.

Managed to get 2 of the last 6 seats on a flight 4 hours later, but still had to hang at the airport in case our original flight took off

Spent 4 hours in the play area - actually making friends!!

New flight delayed - barely made the 9:00 train to the city (original plan had us spending an afternoon in Times Sqare).

Still ended up walking through Times Square at night and took a later train to CT because he was so amazed by the city (totally worth it!!!)

Get on the 10:30 train to Stamford and he finally fell asleep. Got to the hotel around an hour later and he even got his own jammies on!

All of this with eating nothing but snacks I packed since our late lunch (thanks to delays), no nap (usually takes a 2-3 hour nap still for us) - and here's the best part:

No meltdowns, fits, tears - nothing!!!!

A little hyperactivity - ubderstanably, but directed to hoirs in the airport play area.

At one point he even said to me that he was having the best time "in the universe - even if all the people in the world were here, it couldnt be more awesome."

Even if our appt this morning is a complete bust...and yesterday was a travel nightmare, to see him that happy under those circumstances - something I never thought possible since he got sick - was totally worth the trip!!!

The appointment went well. We werr acting up a bit once we got in with the dr, but I figured thats as good a place as any!! Doc was great, really feel like we have a direction. Ordered blood for the whole fam...got mine done there, and am giggling cause now that means my hubby has to take our daughter - not a fun chore!

Totally worth the trip, will be curious to see what happens at our follow up in 6 weeks.

A bit of a brief meltdown on the train trying to find a free spot with 3 open seats (one for our giraffe) that was facing forward...but we did it - all the way in the back (crossing train cars with a 4 yr old is scary! ) and now we're napping happily on the train - thank God! And will even have time for the extended stop in Times Square we missed yesterday!

Thanks for keeping us posted on your trip. We are supposed to go next month, so I was happy to see it went well for you. Do you know if it is typical to test the whole family? What are they testing for? Do you have to travel back to CT for the follow-up?

Good job by your little one on all the travelling. I doubt my 4 year old (not dealing with PANDAS) would have held up as well.