ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotic Treatment Trial for the PANDAS/PANS Phenotype

This is wonderful. When we were at USF this spring for intensive outpt therapy (awesome btw) we were lucky to see Dr's R and M (neuropsychiatry). They doubled my daughter's antibiotics & we have seen significant improvements. They are the crew to do this!

we had not seen any change from antibiotics for my kids (3 on them for pans) in over 2 years- until they made this increase.

This is wonderful. When we were at USF this spring for intensive outpt therapy (awesome btw) we were lucky to see Dr's R and M (neuropsychiatry). They doubled my daughter's antibiotics & we have seen significant improvements. They are the crew to do this!

we had not seen any change from antibiotics for my kids (3 on them for pans) in over 2 years- until they made this increase.

Great news that your children are doing well. Which antibiotic are they taking and what is the dosage?

zithro 500 mg qd & augmentin 600es- 7.5ml BID.

this child is 13 and post puberty, 130lbs female

the other is on augmentin 1000 xr tabs(huge!) bid. sheis 14 and heavier.

we did 250 zithro for years with zero change noted.

usf doubled both abx and coupled with the therapy, things are much much better.

our pandas doc is not USF & now is continuing what they did down there.

PowPow....we will be in Florida next week for the 3 weeks...did you start the antibiotics while there or after the ocd intensive?....I'm wondering if the therapy alone made a big difference or was it the combo? My daughter was on azit 250 3 x's per week for 6 months..I think it helped maintain, but she still has anxiety and ocd...I took her off the antibiotics 4 weeks ago and see no difference.....just trying to prepare myself if they think the everyday azit will help....Glad to hear of the improvements :)

I begged for a psych. appt while we were there. I did not get one until a cancellation 2days before we left. callnow,and beg. let them know you will take any appt they offer you. we saw a fellow first and dr murphy read my very organized records and timeline of her illness and stepped in to the appt.

the therapy was excellent we saw dr h for that. pm me later if you want.