ACN Latitudes Forums

I applaud the mothers with Lyme taking care of kids w/ Lyme

I just wanted to write to say that the mom's/dad's on here are such an inspiration, fighting lyme and also serving as caretaker to a child with lyme is rough!

I have been diagnosed as well and my son is in treatment since march. I wish I was as strong and organized as you women seem to be. :wub:

I am struggling and will be starting treatment soon. I tried briefly but was knocked on my butt and couldn't take care of my son.

I will endure this time and stay the course.

You guys are great source of info. Thank you.

Oh, but you are very strong and organized! You are taking care of your son and you will both feel better one day. So by all means, appaud yourself. Anyone dealing with chronic illness, whether it be a family member(s), themselves, or both, should be proud of all they are accomplishing, even if baby steps. :)

Edited by philamom

You are doing a great job and it is a hard job! When I was at my sickest, we ate on paper plates and ordered takeout all the time because I was too sick to cook or do the dishes. I could not fold laundry and the housework went to the very bottom of the list and we are just now digging out from under all that clutter!

Hang in there and you will get better over time and things will be much easier again!!

Susan

It is definitely tough and the one thing that has gone by the wayside for me (besides cooking and cleaning) is getting on the forum. I miss it though. Thankfully, we are in a place now that I don't feel like I have to read it all the time.

One thing I wanted to mention after reading your post is that my llmd is great about adding meds in slowly and backing off if I can't handle the herxing. She realizes I have a lot on my plate and that I have to be able to function to some degree. There are alternative drugs if some are not working or causing too big of a herx.

Since my cancer diagnosis and subsequent chemo treatments, I've had to take more days off from antibiotics but I'm managing to take enough to keep my lyme symptoms at bay, which is really the most important thing right now. I still struggle with herxing and have to back off the drugs when it gets to be too much. My doc lets me make those decisions and I'm doing okay.

It is definitely tough and the one thing that has gone by the wayside for me (besides cooking and cleaning) is getting on the forum. I miss it though. Thankfully, we are in a place now that I don't feel like I have to read it all the time.

One thing I wanted to mention after reading your post is that my llmd is great about adding meds in slowly and backing off if I can't handle the herxing. She realizes I have a lot on my plate and that I have to be able to function to some degree. There are alternative drugs if some are not working or causing too big of a herx.

----------------------------------------------------------------

MOMAINE, I can't imagine having so much on my plate, when I am having a pity party I realize it isn;t the end, just a new and different path.

I think the LLMD you have sounds smart.Yeah, I really beat my self up about the cooking, I hear so many different ideas on the perfect Lyme diet, it gets stressful.

You are doing a great job and it is a hard job! When I was at my sickest, we ate on paper plates and ordered takeout all the time because I was too sick to cook or do the dishes. I could not fold laundry and the housework went to the very bottom of the list and we are just now digging out from under all that clutter!

Hang in there and you will get better over time and things will be much easier again!!

Susan

I hear ya on the paper plates, my husband wasn't crazy about this at first but he see's I am up to my eyeballs in "lyme stuff" and tying to figure this all out.

I have ocd from either lyme or coinfection so it come in handy for housework. :lol:

Oh, but you are very strong and organized! You are taking care of your son and you will both feel better one day. So by all means, appaud yourself. Anyone dealing with chronic illness, whether it be a family member(s), themselves, or both, should be proud of all they are accomplishing, even if baby steps. :)

Thanks Philamom!

I just felt compelled to write this as it seems that other boards are either depressing(not good for a newbie) or a bunch of people comparing symptoms all the time. I feel this board helps in ways needed when this "invisible'" disease is so overwhelming, i have gotten the reassurance and sage advice for things like Dr's or school info here that i consider priceless as I feel a bit lost as to what to do next for my son, to help him. Not many resources where I live and this board helps.

Thank you. :wub: