ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy

Hi all,

My nine yr old developed his first tic at around 6 1/2 (rapid blinking). Since then he has had almost exclusively vocal tics. His are regarded as simple tics in that they are noises (squeaks, grunts) and also throat clearing, rather than words or sentences. He generally manages to suppress them at school - teachers don't seem to even notice them and he is never teased (thank god!. At home though, they are pretty much constant.

I recently read that hypnotherapy has been used to successfully ease, if not eradicate both motor and vocal tics. I am wondering if anyone has tried this and, if yes, what the success was like.....Would appreciate feedback as we are thinking of going down this route. He already has a very 'clean' diet and takes fish oils, magnesium and some others...

Thanks for all responses!

Leepee

• 2 weeks later...

Well...As I have had no responses I thought it might be useful for others if I just let you know that my son has now had one session of hypnotherapy. So far no great reaction. He has a CD to listen to for 25 mins a day and another session next week.

Hi all,

My nine yr old developed his first tic at around 6 1/2 (rapid blinking). Since then he has had almost exclusively vocal tics. His are regarded as simple tics in that they are noises (squeaks, grunts) and also throat clearing, rather than words or sentences. He generally manages to suppress them at school - teachers don't seem to even notice them and he is never teased (thank god!. At home though, they are pretty much constant.

I recently read that hypnotherapy has been used to successfully ease, if not eradicate both motor and vocal tics. I am wondering if anyone has tried this and, if yes, what the success was like.....Would appreciate feedback as we are thinking of going down this route. He already has a very 'clean' diet and takes fish oils, magnesium and some others...

Thanks for all responses!

Leepee

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for delay in follow up...Haven't been on for a while....

Unfortunately I found no improvement at all and in fact the tics seemed worse for quite a while after the treatments. I stopped at three visits as they were hugely expensive and no improvement was noted.

Hope that helps!

Lisa