ACN Latitudes Forums

Reaction to Chlorine or Upset Stomach?

I had a weird experience the other day. My son's only tic right now is a vocal tic which has been quite mild (maybe 5-10 times per day) for the last 2 months.

We went swimming & he ended up w/ gas pains and a stomach ache from gulping air & swallowing pool water. He actually vomited up a bunch of pool water. After coming home from the pool and 30 minutes prior to throwing up, he suddenly started doing his vocal tic CONSTANTLY - every few seconds for half an hour. Then he threw up & the ticcing stopped about 5 minutes later. It was so weird to see him have a reaction like that. Has anyone seen anything similar happen to your child where they react to something so obviously and with such intensity?

I'm still not sure if it was the chlorine in his digestive system that caused it or if it was just the fact that his stomach was upset, or perhaps it happened because he was stressed out that his tummy hurt. Maybe a combination of all those things?

Edited by starlygirl

• 4 weeks later...

absolutely.

Chlorine is a toxin. Toxic exposure can overwhelm the immune system and nervous system. Chlorine gas was used in chemical warfare. With so many good options for treating water-salt, iodine, ozone etc- people should not have to swim and drink chlorine water.

My child was tipped over the edge into full blown ocd after 2 weeks of daily swimming last summer.

We have had to avoid toxins in and out of the home. Also detoxing and ++ excellent nutrition. We are all doing great but... we still don't expose ourselves when we can help it.

• 1 month later...

A salt water pool is not chlorine free. It still uses chlorine to sanitize the pool. Only difference is the salt generator makes the chlorine as opposed to someone manually putting the chlorine in by the gallon or using the tablets. A salt generator creates chlorine by giving the salt water a small electric charge inside the salt cell. Chlorine levels in salt pools are supposed to be maintained at 1-3 ppm just like traditional chlorine pools. If your son or daughter tolerates salt pools better it may be because there is less other junk put in pool that are contained in the tablets for traditional pools.