ACN Latitudes Forums

pans ?

my 9 year old has pans and i do not know what to do my wife can not work because she has to stay at home with him we have 2 other kids so when she has to take him to the hospital or the dr. i have to take off work to watch the other 2 kids so i can not keep a job. we do not have much support to help so it feels like we are on our own my question for anyone that will answer is how does any one make it in life.

Just an idea...in my state there is a waiver called SED through the mental health clinics. I know that PANS is a medical condition, but maybe your child will qualify with the behavioral concerns. If the child qualifies it will give you the medical card and pay for attendent and respite care. I am so sorry about your struggles... I can relate to how difficult it is to juggle family, work, and everything else with a child who has PANS. I hope you are able to get some relief soon.

That is a great idea about finding church members to help with babysitting. I just wanted to add to that. In our area, many high school are requiring students to do community service hours as a part of their curriculum. You could try to get in touch with someone at your local school district to see if any students would be able to help you out. Also, Before we moved I had a job working part time from home. Many companies are finding this to be a great way to save costs on office space, supplies, etc. It may take some creative searching to find some of these companies but there are legitimate companies that are doing this. If you would like more info regarding this please pm me and I will ltry to give you some ideas on how to find these companies. Good luck.

Those are great ideas from the previous posters. I know for us personally it has been incredibly difficult too. I had to quit my job to care for my PANDAS DD. Very large financial strain. Finding care for my other dd is hard too. We've now enrolled her in a school near my husband's work so that he can do pick ups/drop offs while we are seeking medical treatment. Thankfully our extended family came to our financial aid for medical treatment and tuition. It was hard to accept outside help, but we had no other real choices and are eternally grateful for the help. Good luck!