ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone want to meet?

My DD17 now mentors/penpals with younger PANDAS kids. Feel free to have them email her drewashleymaxwell@gmail.com or friend her on FB. there is also a private fb page for Pandas kid to connect with each other.

My DD17 now mentors/penpals with younger PANDAS kids. Feel free to have them email her drewashleymaxwell@gmail.com or friend her on FB. there is also a private fb page for Pandas kid to connect with each other.

We may try the e-mail idea; however, we do not use facebook. Kiddo is expressively delayed (autism and three neurological disorders + pandas) and 10 only yrs old. I would help her with the e-mails if we do this obviously, but if it seems like a waste of your DDs time (kiddo not motivated etc...) then I will let your dd know she is unable to right now.

That is great that your DD is willing to share herself in that manner. I imagine my kiddo will not really "get it" as far as a pen pal goes, but many other kids could use a mentor that understands them. Give her a hug for me if you think she would receive it well, otherwise give her kuddos from me please.

@ AMYSLP--You need to request to be added on the PANS PANDAS PITAND fb page.

@Mayzoo- thanks for the hug and kind words. Drew has been a Special Olympics Coach for 7 years and is also involved with Best Buddies. She also works with Quadrapelegic and Parapelegic children who are non verbal Last summer she worked as a one on one aide in a Special needs class room for an Autistic child.. It would not be a waste of her time, just let her know what works for you guys

Topeka is not far from us! We live in the KC Metro area. I may see if she would like to email your DD17!! As I have said in previous posts - DD had IVIG on Feb 16th & 17th - many symptoms disappeared almost immediately, we did have the "flipping back the pages" (as Dr K calls it) over the past 3 months, but she continues to improve!! I would say her one true symptom that remains is the FEARFUL OCD THOUGHTS grrr!!! Ocassional rage-ish and racing thoughts, none of which was present prior to PANDAS, will appear but we/she is able to talk herself down. This crazy, weird disorder is just so strange!!!

Soooo, maybe I will start with an email and maybe we could eventually get a few of us and kiddos together over the summer?