ACN Latitudes Forums

looking for psychologist in boston area

Hi everyone,

I havent posted in a while, dd11 is still having ivig's etc... hanging in there but not too good.

She really needs to get back to therapy, but we are looking for someone new, who wont push meds on us (already tried too many), and understands pandas lyme etc.

If anyone has a recommendation that is in the boston area, please pm me!

thanks

If the predominant problem is OCD behaviors, I would look to the IOCDF web site "Find Help" section. They have entire lists of therapists in various parts of the country who know and understand that animal, and we've had good luck with folks on their list here in our area.

IOCDF - Find a Treatment Provider

Good luck!

i am looking for someone for her to talk to most of all, but also help with social anxiety. she has had full neuropsych eval already, and she already has an iep at school (though we may homeschool). we are familiar with cbt and exposure and that sort, that is all good. Oh and we have harvard pilgrim.

thanks

Edited by danddd

We use someone I found on the IOCDF website who is really excellent, ERP trained, and she takes HPHC. But I can't remember where you live. She's in Wenham -- that may be too far for you. If you want her name PM me. Otherwise you may want to check out the therapist finder on the IOCDF site. I suggest you find someone who is ERP trained.

We use someone I found on the IOCDF website who is really excellent, ERP trained, and she takes HPHC. But I can't remember where you live. She's in Wenham -- that may be too far for you. If you want her name PM me. Otherwise you may want to check out the therapist finder on the IOCDF site. I suggest you find someone who is ERP trained.

I am not sure how far wehnam is from me, but i think it is a bit far. I will check. thanks

I don't know if you're at all interested in looking into integrative medicine, but there's a psychiatrist in Waltham - James Greenblatt - who considers nutritional deficiencies and testing as part of treatment. He's also a professor at Tufts. This wouldn't be any sort of ERP or talk therapy - it would be supplements and a medical perspective. But for what it's worth - http://www.comprehensivepsychiatricresources.com/category.php?category_id=71

Barbara Devine, the other moderator of our support group here in Salem is a CBT/ERP therapist and a PANDAS mom. There are two other therapists in her practice that also use CBT/ERP...

Front Street Psychological Associates: Barbara Devine, Renee Sacks and Michelle Friedman. We used Renee for our daughter.

So that's north shore...Wenham is not far from Salem...

I'm not up on whether pscyiatric nurse practitioners do CBT/ERP, but Peggy Chapman in Hingham has been on the iist of PANDAS friendly providers for a while...

Kara