ACN Latitudes Forums

question re insurance (PPO) and Igenex testing

I found this on a Lyme docs webiste, and wondered if people are submitting the Igenex test costs to their PPO's and if they are getting $$ back? http://www.usmamed.com/usmaqa.html

Even if you have insurance, the tests we will order from the specialty lab, IGeneX, will need to be paid for up-front by credit card. The total charge for this lab work will be approximately $800. If you have Medicare there will be no charge for the IGeneX labs. (You must bring your Medicare card with you!) If your Medicare is managed by an HMO, however, your IGeneX lab tests will NOT be covered. If you have a PPO, you will be able to submit the receipt from IGeneX for reimbursement under your out-of-network expenses.

We have a PPO NAP. We receive 70% reimbursement with all Igenex testing. It used to be 80%. We have used them nine times since 2010.

I just ran the Neuroscience "Lyme ID" on myself today. The doctor said I'll probably receive full coverage (fingers crossed).

We have a PPO NAP. We receive 70% reimbursement with all Igenex testing. It used to be 80%. We have used them nine times since 2010.

I just ran the Neuroscience "Lyme ID" on myself today. The doctor said I'll probably receive full coverage (fingers crossed).

Philamom, did you get anything back on the new Lyme culture test?

Philamom, did you get anything back on the new Lyme culture test?

No. I didn't fight real hard. I'm afraid to throw out any red flags, since so far, our insurance has covered almost everything.

Of $600 (coinfections only this time, not Lyme) we got around $350 back with BCBS. I get 70% out of network of the maximum allowable amount. They disallow some of the fees. Stonybrook takes my insurance.

Stoneybrook still does testing? For some reason I didn't think they did. Do you have a link to their lab. I'd love to see if they take United for my husband.

I am about to submit bills for my son and I from Igenex to UHC PPO. I'll post back if they pay.

Of $600 (coinfections only this time, not Lyme) we got around $350 back with BCBS. I get 70% out of network of the maximum allowable amount. They disallow some of the fees. Stonybrook takes my insurance.

Stoneybrook still does testing? For some reason I didn't think they did. Do you have a link to their lab. I'd love to see if they take United for my husband.

I am about to submit bills for my son and I from Igenex to UHC PPO. I'll post back if they pay.

Stonybrook only tests for Lyme, not the coinfections. Link is http://www.stonybrookmedicalcenter.org/pathology/tick. Dr. L. sends to Igenex and SB, I am curious to hear the SB results which we will get soon. Although I am thinking the way to go is Advanced Labs. These WB's seems to be so inaccurate.