ACN Latitudes Forums

Ds sick again!

Okay ds strep on may 9th. Took him in on may 16 for recheck all is good. Dd positive on may 18. So past couple of days ds looks real tired and says he thinks he's getting sick. Do not notice any increase in tics but is crabby and somewhat emotional. He made a " mat hat" and put it on his head b/c I made him made. He wouldn't stop talking about a micro pig ( that's what he wants for a pet) we have discussed this for days. We looked it up and they get big but anyway I basically said we are not having a 70lb pig in the house and I am done talking about it. So he thinks I'm mean and just lays on the couch with his made hat on. Does not want to go outside or do anything because he is mad. I grab the had eventually and put it on and act all grumpy and charge towards dd. I get a laugh out of him and squeals of happiness from dd. I am praying this is allergies with his tiredness and congestion and some coughing but of course that would be to good to be true. I get the wake up call at 6:15 of mom I feel real hot!! 103 fever here we come. Dd is still on antibiotic and we just got through with her high fever of five days starting last Friday. Family birthday party for them both tommorow down the drain. So take him in to Walgreens to get strep test b/c sick of sitting at doctors and of bringing both of them there to catch some other bug. Rapid shows a little sigh not full blown but says the line is staring to turn pink. Also one of his Lyme nodes seems swollen in neck. He has fever congestion and cough no throat pain. 10 days of antibotics prescribed. Ugh!!! Beatiful memorial day weekend he will be stuck inside. I feel so bad for him. This has been a month of ######. I am sick of high fevers! I swear if dd gets sick even though she is on antibiotic still I will have to dig up that mad hat and go crazy or just sit in the corner and cry!!

Mar

Hey Mar, I totally get your frustration. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you guys. I know we've passed around bugs here lately too. I just went on a huge cleaning campaign so I'm hopeful that it helped. I put the whole house on abx (including our four dogs), changed toothbrushes for everyone (and probably will again towards the end of the abx), and have disinfected the house like crazy. Unfortunately, I didn't realize (because THEY DIDN'T TELL ME)that my non-pandas kid was at a neighbor's house whose child was diagnosed that same day with strep. Errrrr. Is there ever an end? I'm really feeling like I need to put a big bubble around my whole family.

Okay ds strep on may 9th. Took him in on may 16 for recheck all is good. Dd positive on may 18. So past couple of days ds looks real tired and says he thinks he's getting sick. Do not notice any increase in tics but is crabby and somewhat emotional. He made a " mat hat" and put it on his head b/c I made him made. He wouldn't stop talking about a micro pig ( that's what he wants for a pet) we have discussed this for days. We looked it up and they get big but anyway I basically said we are not having a 70lb pig in the house and I am done talking about it. So he thinks I'm mean and just lays on the couch with his made hat on. Does not want to go outside or do anything because he is mad. I grab the had eventually and put it on and act all grumpy and charge towards dd. I get a laugh out of him and squeals of happiness from dd. I am praying this is allergies with his tiredness and congestion and some coughing but of course that would be to good to be true. I get the wake up call at 6:15 of mom I feel real hot!! 103 fever here we come. Dd is still on antibiotic and we just got through with her high fever of five days starting last Friday. Family birthday party for them both tommorow down the drain. So take him in to Walgreens to get strep test b/c sick of sitting at doctors and of bringing both of them there to catch some other bug. Rapid shows a little sigh not full blown but says the line is staring to turn pink. Also one of his Lyme nodes seems swollen in neck. He has fever congestion and cough no throat pain. 10 days of antibotics prescribed. Ugh!!! Beatiful memorial day weekend he will be stuck inside. I feel so bad for him. This has been a month of ######. I am sick of high fevers! I swear if dd gets sick even though she is on antibiotic still I will have to dig up that mad hat and go crazy or just sit in the corner and cry!!

Mar

Hang in there..

I lost track of all the times we have had to stay at home when we have had something planed

because of a fever...