ACN Latitudes Forums

Explaining with too much detail

Sorry but quick question again. Wondering what this could be. DH and notice it in ds that when they get excited or just want to explain something they will actually do the movements. Like when ds talks about motorcrossing he will be on the floor showing me movements and what not when he could just say it. It's lke if they dont show you how it's done they feel like you don't understand. I tell him just tell me. you might think I'm mean but i guess once again j see it on DH and it does annoy me . DH had gotten on the floor to express things and now it freaks me out. Where I am just explain it and call it a day. Like if ds is taking about a dog he will get down on all fours and act like a dog and i would tell him how there is no need for this. DH will explain to a point of no return and I will say yes or no. They both feel the need to explain things very thoughly or they feel like the person does not understand. when I tell DH to just get to the point he will think I'm crazy. There was so many times before I found this out with the kids and DH would be explaining something in front of his parents and say I don't get it he would be like you don't understand. It would drove me nuts b/ c I am am a college graduate . But guess what I do get it more then he wants to believe. DH now fears me , he never saids I dont get it or never makes a comment of me not undersatanding. Because he thinks I know way more then the average person. Sitting at his patents house now they all look at me like I am queen but who still had no answers.

Mar

Sorry. I'm not sure what you are asking. Perhaps you could explain in more detail and add some gestures (just kidding)? But, seriously - Are you asking if a tendency to give long-winded answers and/or gesticulate a great deal might be autoimmune in nature? Honestly, I have no idea. But it'd be interesting to see if other families see this trait in their PANS kids.

i don't have much time and don't really have my thoughts togethers -- i do actually think what you are describing can/may be related to OCD. i also have a family member who does ridiculous describing of mundane events/situations -- i do believe she has OCD issues -- actually, i believe she had pandas as a teen -- she functions quite well but it does get in the way of personal relationships in ways like this.

i can't think right now where i would put this in "types" of OCD but can think about it more if you like -- but i do think it's related to OCD.

good luck!

Sorry. I'm not sure what you are asking. Perhaps you could explain in more detail and add some gestures (just kidding)? But, seriously - Are you asking if a tendency to give long-winded answers and/or gesticulate a great deal might be autoimmune in nature? Honestly, I have no idea. But it'd be interesting to see if other families see this trait in their PANS kids.

My DH does a lot of this, and there isn't a thing wrong with him. He drives me CRAZY! His stories have way too much information, and he goes off on irrelevant tangents. :blink: He'll act out some things, too. He wasn't like that when we married! Geez! I find myself tuning him out and daydreaming after I get the gist of the story. I don't feel bad about it either because I often tell him to get to the point, stay on topic, wrap it up... and he just ignores me. :D

Thanks for giving me a good laugh! I needed that.

Sorry I'm not sure how to reply to a particular post. This was for big mighty.

At first I though ate you serious!! Explain more!! That was way to funny!