ACN Latitudes Forums

Bad short term recall I guess

I have a question if anyone had seen this or experienced this . I always talk about ds b/ c this is all where it started. But I have some questions about dd. first of all dd is one of those who could lie to your face and you get stumped until you get to now her. She is good!! I think she could be an actress. I can read my ds in a second, he can't lie or get past me at all but dd is something else. But what worries me about dd is that at times she looks dazed. For instance she will ask me something and i explain it and she takes a while and says oh yeah!! It like she has to think about it and I keep explaining more and she will say oh yeah. I just feel that things don't click . It kind of funny but DH is the same at times. She is very smart and bright. But it's the whole what and dazed look and explaining and ah yeah hits her. she forgets simple things. So perfect example the hose is making noises outside I try to explain why and someone would get it and she is looking at me like what? I explain it again and start to get frustrated its probably b/ c DH gets like this at times . I hate repeating myself three times

But am wondering what this could be. Like I said she is bright started reading chapter books when she was on kindergarten. But if you exaib too much at times or whatever she takes awhile to register. What kills me hs DH husband is like this at times. I have been with him for 15

years and their are many times where I am talking and I can tell he is somewhere else. The attention span maybe but just not remembering. It's always do u remember this and then the oh yeah after explaining several times.

Mar

I have a question if anyone had seen this or experienced this . I always talk about ds b/ c this is all where it started. But I have some questions about dd. first of all dd is one of those who could lie to your face and you get stumped until you get to now her. She is good!! I think she could be an actress. I can read my ds in a second, he can't lie or get past me at all but dd is something else. But what worries me about dd is that at times she looks dazed. For instance she will ask me something and i explain it and she takes a while and says oh yeah!! It like she has to think about it and I keep explaining more and she will say oh yeah. I just feel that things don't click . It kind of funny but DH is the same at times. She is very smart and bright. But it's the whole what and dazed look and explaining and ah yeah hits her. she forgets simple things. So perfect example the hose is making noises outside I try to explain why and someone would get it and she is looking at me like what? I explain it again and start to get frustrated its probably b/ c DH gets like this at times . I hate repeating myself three times

But am wondering what this could be. Like I said she is bright started reading chapter books when she was on kindergarten. But if you exaib too much at times or whatever she takes awhile to register. What kills me hs DH husband is like this at times. I have been with him for 15

years and their are many times where I am talking and I can tell he is somewhere else. The attention span maybe but just not remembering. It's always do u remember this and then the oh yeah after explaining several times.

Mar

Have you had her tested for ADD. It does not sound pandas related to me because there does not seem to be any sudden onset or triggers... Unless she gets drastically worse when sick. I have a friend who's daughter sounds just like your daughter. She is ADD and is taking meds.. They keep increasing the dose because she just can not seem to focus. She is also very creative in the way she expresses herself and has a unique answer for everything. I am often asking her mother "where does she come up with this stuff?" she seems very mature for her age because of her vocabulary and stuff but at the same time she does not focus at all on what others are saying to her. Anyway, just a thought.

Sounds like a case of ADD (caused genetically.) Very frustrating, indeed. My ds has it, too. I keep info SHORT. Short sentences... I keep directions brief--one step directions. Conversations must be short, lacking in detail and luster, unfortunately.