ACN Latitudes Forums

Tonsils taken out?

I am wondering what to do. When I was ds age I was scheduled to get tonsils taken out due to constant sore throats. Mom got scared and didn't do it. I constantly had sore throats the fevers as a child. My tonsils were huge and recall seeing white pus coming out of them as a child with a sore throat. I wish she would of just taken them out. They have gotten a lot smaller now nothing compared to where they were practically touching when I was younger. I have been pondering about getting ds tonsils and anoids out. He always has issues with his nose. One mother mentioned that when her son got a MRI on his the doctor was shocked and got them removed. Just wondering if getting tonsils out and anoids helped with strep infection? And if surgery went ok with pandas children???

I am wondering what to do. When I was ds age I was scheduled to get tonsils taken out due to constant sore throats. Mom got scared and didn't do it. I constantly had sore throats the fevers as a child. My tonsils were huge and recall seeing white pus coming out of them as a child with a sore throat. I wish she would of just taken them out. They have gotten a lot smaller now nothing compared to where they were practically touching when I was younger. I have been pondering about getting ds tonsils and anoids out. He always has issues with his nose. One mother mentioned that when her son got a MRI on his the doctor was shocked and got them removed. Just wondering if getting tonsils out and anoids helped with strep infection? And if surgery went ok with pandas children???

My ds14 had T&A almost a year ago now. He had never had anything but sore throats with no strep but doctor recommends all PANDAS kids to have them removed because they are a major blockage and major holder of all kinds of germs, infections etc. According to the doctor, he is healing extremely well, although we are probably still fighting mold issues in the home and detoxing with him. Removing the tonsils has probably helped in the faster healing. We also found MaRCONS in a deep nasal swab he had done during the T&A. Which was great since we could then treat that for the next 2 months and hopefully got rid of one more thing taxing his system. Dr. waited to see adnoids before taking them out.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for him to come back from the surgery. It was difficult when he had the surgery because he had been having flu symptoms for a year, so the rest was on top of that. He does not like to take naps, so when I brought him home from surgery, left my older son with him for an hour to get his meds, and when I returned he was sitting up asleep on his hand on the window sill. It was pretty funny looking. The fresh air helped his naseau a bit, although he had stomache issues before surgery, so surgery meds just made it worse. Dr. gave us a list of things to get and use right after surgery some of which are the homeopathic little balls you put under tongue (sweet tasting) for every possible side effect of the surgery. PM me if you want the list/instructions.

Did not seem to have any "PANDAS-like" flare up or anything like that.

Edited by JuliaFaith

My ds14 had T&A almost a year ago now. He had never had anything but sore throats with no strep but doctor recommends all PANDAS kids to have them removed because they are a major blockage and major holder of all kinds of germs, infections etc. According to the doctor, he is healing extremely well, although we are probably still fighting mold issues in the home and detoxing with him. Removing the tonsils has probably helped in the faster healing. We also found MaRCONS in a deep nasal swab he had done during the T&A. Which was great since we could then treat that for the next 2 months and hopefully got rid of one more thing taxing his system. Dr. waited to see adnoids before taking them out.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for him to come back from the surgery. It was difficult when he had the surgery because he had been having flu symptoms for a year, so the rest was on top of that. He does not like to take naps, so when I brought him home from surgery, left my older son with him for an hour to get his meds, and when I returned he was sitting up asleep on his hand on the window sill. It was pretty funny looking. The fresh air helped his naseau a bit, although he had stomache issues before surgery, so surgery meds just made it worse. Dr. gave us a list of things to get and use right after surgery some of which are the homeopathic little balls you put under tongue (sweet tasting) for every possible side effect of the surgery. PM me if you want the list/instructions.

Did not seem to have any "PANDAS-like" flare up or anything like that.

Which doctor recommends that all PANDAS kids get them out? If I thought it would help, they would be out in a New York minute.

Cobbie

Interesting about the recommendation to remove. NIH recommended keeping tonsils. Dr. B. says that unless the child has repeat sinus infections, he also recommends keeping them. Most parents whose kids have had tonsils removed say they are glad they proceeded to remove them.