ACN Latitudes Forums

EXTREMELY Dilated Pupils

My DD12 had her first round on Monday and Tuesday of this week. As to be expected, her OCD is worse right now although not extremely worse (yet?). Her eyes are SO dilated that it looks like she is the begging Puss in Boots character from Shrek. She is very sensitive to light (makes sense with that kind of dilation). I wonder if anyone else's kids eyes get like that. Her pupils get significantly larger any time she is in a flare, but they nearly cover the whole blue part of the eyeball at this point. Her anxiety is worse and she has some small vocal ticcing. Anyone know anything about this???

We have not done IVIG, but my DS8's pupils would dilate fully during his worst exacerbations. I called it "cat eyes". They would go completely black, to the point where you wouldn't even know what his eye colour was. Very freaky.

I can say my daughter's pupils were HUGE before IVIg and within the 1st week after they were smaller. I remember looking over at her in the car and gasping - I thought OMG her eyes are BROWN again!! We are 12 weeks out from IVIg and there have been a few times here and there where her pupils were dilated but never like before IVIg. I hope you see her baby blues again soon!!!

My 9 y/o had IVIg on a thursday and friday. On that following Sunday she had the most fearful scary panic attack she had ever had - and she had had quite a few! I attributed it to the IVIg making her more "aware" of what was going on, if that makes sense??

Her eyes are becoming less dilated thankfully but still larger than most kids. I've noticed such an improvement in mood though. Wow! My daughter is actually happy. Havent had a nonconfrontational, happy 12 year old in.... well, ever. Please God let this stay with us!!!