ACN Latitudes Forums

Contact for Igenex testing in Albany, NY

Hi,

It's been a long while since I posted. Overall my kiddos and I are doing well with Lyme treatment. A few bumps in the road but we are way better off than if we never found LLMDs for diagnosis and treatment and I have the veterans on this forum to thank for that :)

I am need of Dr. in the Albany, NY area that will help my cousin. She is 38 and was Dx'd with MS 8 years ago. She has been treated w/ MS meds but back in Jan of this year things changed. She was dx'd w/ pneumonia in Jan and again in Feb. Then she was dx'd w/ asthma. There was some conflicting evidence whether she had pneumonia at all then. Her neurologist who dx'd her w/ MS says the lung issues have nothing to do with the MS so she saw a pulmonologist who now is ruling out asthma (he himself doesn't believe it is asthma) and next wants to move onto a bronchostomy test. I have been saying you need rule out Lyme. Now she is at the point she is utterly confused due to her Dr's refusing to look into Lyme for her (of course! same old story!) and she is starting to feel the brain fog, anxiety and mood swings that could be from Lyme and just from a general unwellness that comes from feeling terrible. She is now very willing to explore Lyme but no Dr. will take her on that journey or at least anytime soon b/c LLMDs are tough to get into see and she is NOT well. She can hardly take care of herself let alone her 2 little ones. Anyway, if anyone knows a GP or any Dr. (intergrative, any kind qualified to sign that IGenex Rx) in the Albany area or not too many hours away to sign that IGenex Rx so she can get some answers, could you please let me know? This is a tough cookie who has been knocked down terribly by something and to me Lyme has its ugly name all over it!

Glad to hear you and your kids are doing so well!

I recommend either Kenneth or Steven Bock. They are integrative MDs who have years of experience treating Lyme and co-infections. They are located in Rhinebeck, NY though Steve may still have an office in Albany.

Does she have a Dr. open to the possibility of lyme? Any doc can sign off on the test. She doesn't need to see an LLMD in order to get it done. She can call Igenex to have them send her the kit and just needs the doc to sign off on the order.

EDIT:

Sorry, I seriously don't know how I missed the part about how you clearly stated none of her docs will take on possibility of Lyme.

Try mdjunction. Post there in lyme forum asking for LLMD. They will email you a list of docs.

Edited by fightingmom