ACN Latitudes Forums

Vaccine exemptions

I have never heard of a pediatrician refusing to test a child's titers. Unless you have all the facts, how can you make an informed decision? If this is true, I would never go back.

I will ask about testing his titers, but I don't think his ped. will even do that because he was pretty close minded about it. Is it just a simple blood test?

Try the National Vaccine Information Center

Generation Rescue is the Jenny McCarthy organization

See if TACA - Talk About Curing Autism has a chapter in your state

Anyone reading this, remember this mom's crisis and know that no matter what you think about vaccines, you KNOW you live in America and no one should decide about your family's health but you. You should support and fight for this right. Nothing is worse than feeling powerless.

You always have a choice to not enroll your child in school, camp, etc. This is another way to put pressure on government-take away the money they would make off educating your child and do it yourself. Band together with other moms and demand a free and appropriate education for your child. How can it be free and appropriate if there are any demands or limits placed upon their attendance there? What if every family had to have one working parent quit their job, which generated tax revenue, to stay home and educate their child and then ends up on public assistance? Maybe these thoughts would encourage your state rep if you insinuate a plan to approach the media?

These are my thoughts. They are not even as angry as they used to be, but I wish you luck in finding away to make decisions for your family that you see fit.

I have never heard of a pediatrician refusing to test a child's titers. Unless you have all the facts, how can you make an informed decision? If this is true, I would never go back.

I will ask about testing his titers, but I don't think his ped. will even do that because he was pretty close minded about it. Is it just a simple blood test?

Over a year ago my father's physician (my father is in his 90's) refused to test his vitamin D level, claiming it wasn't covered by insurance. Unfortunately at the time, we had other issues to deal with so I let it drop. (Yes, and I should have said, "so what?" and asked how much it would be out of pocket)

Now I am doing my own research (and more educated/concerned about Vitamin D), it turns out (as far as I can determine) that it IS covered (my father has both Medicare and another insurance, and I think BOTH cover the testing).

All I can say, is that the medical field is replete with lazy, ignorant, arrogant doctors.

If it were within my powers, I certainly NOT have my father return to this doctor!

Edited by EAMom