ACN Latitudes Forums

15-month update/Classical Homeopathy

For those that don't know our past history, my two boys had very severe pandas and also very severe reactions to the antibiotics/steroids after awhile (plus they stopped working). And the effect from IVIG was temporary and not covered by ins. We were in a catch 22 and turned to homeopathy after about 3 years of all the other standard interventions which were just not enough (abx, steroids, ivig, spironolactone, LDN, many supplements, dietary interventions).

Within the past 15 months my boys have only had to each take one course of antibiotics and that was b/c one was admitted to ICU with pneumonia/febrile seizure (it was still a homeopathic remedy in the end that pulled him out of respiratory distress when the abx were not working), and the other had a ruptured ear drum and was at home with my husband while I was in the hospital with the other one. My husband didn't know what to do and put him on abx. Other than this instance, my boys have had plenty of strep infections in the last 15 months (some confirmed by rapid and/or culture) and we have not had to use abx and we have not had to go through more than a few hours at a time at the most of wild pandas symptoms (if any). In fact, with some of the infections, my one son barely exacerbated and we were delayed in getting the strep nosode on board b/c I assumed he didnt' have strep due to lack of pandas symptoms.

And actually, being able to manage strep/pandas is one of many many success stories in our house. I, too, was on chronic abx in the end for chronic, resistant sore throat. Since starting hpathy 15 months ago, I have not needed one abx or even herbal antimicrobial. And I have several other health issues that have fully cleared up (including pandas).

For my youngest, who also had autism, I am planning to start CEASE therapy which involves "clearing" vaccine reactions and any meds that may have contributed to the ill health. You can also clear microbes which have been a problem in the past. The reason I am going down this path for my youngest is b/c when he does get strep/pandas, his initial onset is still pretty severe (even if I can get on top of it within 30 minutes - literally! I would still like to see him trending toward a CURE of this illness like my other son is, meaning not reacting to strep as severely or not reacting at all). Also, he seems to have some learning issues, which may or may not be ADD-related. He also has speech apraxia which makes it difficult for him to interact with his peers (although hpathy has increased his vocabulary a ton). I just want to see MORE gains and hope to get them by clearing DTaP vaccine and also the Lexapro I took while I was pregnant with him, in addition to a clostridia nosode.

Here is the link to the homeopath that we use, she has a lot of pandas patients and has become very good at managing it in the past year. www.asdhomeopathy.com

The initial consult is expensive but this includes follow-up emails and phone calls btwn appts.

Often times when I post my updates, out of desperation people want to know more and jump into it quickly. I really advise doing your research, starting by reading Impossible Cure by Amy Lansky and talking to other hpathy moms.

Please PM me with any questions, i will get notification faster in my email box. Thanks ;)

For those that don't know our past history, my two boys had very severe pandas and also very severe reactions to the antibiotics/steroids after awhile (plus they stopped working). And the effect from IVIG was temporary and not covered by ins. We were in a catch 22 and turned to homeopathy after about 3 years of all the other standard interventions which were just not enough (abx, steroids, ivig, spironolactone, LDN, many supplements, dietary interventions).

Within the past 15 months my boys have only had to each take one course of antibiotics and that was b/c one was admitted to ICU with pneumonia/febrile seizure (it was still a homeopathic remedy in the end that pulled him out of respiratory distress when the abx were not working), and the other had a ruptured ear drum and was at home with my husband while I was in the hospital with the other one. My husband didn't know what to do and put him on abx. Other than this instance, my boys have had plenty of strep infections in the last 15 months (some confirmed by rapid and/or culture) and we have not had to use abx and we have not had to go through more than a few hours at a time at the most of wild pandas symptoms (if any). In fact, with some of the infections, my one son barely exacerbated and we were delayed in getting the strep nosode on board b/c I assumed he didnt' have strep due to lack of pandas symptoms.

And actually, being able to manage strep/pandas is one of many many success stories in our house. I, too, was on chronic abx in the end for chronic, resistant sore throat. Since starting hpathy 15 months ago, I have not needed one abx or even herbal antimicrobial. And I have several other health issues that have fully cleared up (including pandas).

For my youngest, who also had autism, I am planning to start CEASE therapy which involves "clearing" vaccine reactions and any meds that may have contributed to the ill health. You can also clear microbes which have been a problem in the past. The reason I am going down this path for my youngest is b/c when he does get strep/pandas, his initial onset is still pretty severe (even if I can get on top of it within 30 minutes - literally! I would still like to see him trending toward a CURE of this illness like my other son is, meaning not reacting to strep as severely or not reacting at all). Also, he seems to have some learning issues, which may or may not be ADD-related. He also has speech apraxia which makes it difficult for him to interact with his peers (although hpathy has increased his vocabulary a ton). I just want to see MORE gains and hope to get them by clearing DTaP vaccine and also the Lexapro I took while I was pregnant with him, in addition to a clostridia nosode.

Here is the link to the homeopath that we use, she has a lot of pandas patients and has become very good at managing it in the past year. www.asdhomeopathy.com

The initial consult is expensive but this includes follow-up emails and phone calls btwn appts.

Often times when I post my updates, out of desperation people want to know more and jump into it quickly. I really advise doing your research, starting by reading Impossible Cure by Amy Lansky and talking to other hpathy moms.

Please PM me with any questions, i will get notification faster in my email box. Thanks ;)

Thank you Stephanie. I really appreciate these updates. Now, the issue is convincing my younger son to try it (I've brought it up before, but he refuses.) Never-the-less, I'm going to try again, because I really think it's worth a try. We, like you, have tried everything else, and although he's "under control" (that means no major raging anymore, but still constantly getting sick), and I really think it's worth trying. DH says: "I can't see how it would work", but I pointed out to him that I don't know how acupuncture works, but it cleared up my mycoP when nothing else would (including 1 1/2 years of abx). The acupuncture isn't quite doing the same for my DS, although I think it was doing more than he felt it was. But, I do think that classical homeopathy may be worth a try.

tpotter, I guess you know that hpathy is an "energy" medicine like accupuncture. The thing about hpathy and accup is that you have to have a really good practitioner for it to work. I had accupuncture done once and it sent me into a tailspin. I think the doc overdid it and I had an "aggravation" of sx, but he failed to mention that to me, plus he had just been certified in accup. Anyway, I think both are very effective if done right.

I know what you mean about the chronic infections. My youngest had chronic impetigo for over a year, we tried all the topicals and oral abx, natural and standard, it was a horrible nightmare! His impetigo cleared up within a week with his remedy, I kid you not!! this stuff is for real!!!!

That's not to say the road is always easy. There is a lot of "detox" involved as you move up the potency scale. You have to go back through the history of illnesses as you go, but they come back more mild and with much less mental symptoms. But this is the body healing itself. Many people don't understand that and when they overdo it (like I did when my son developed pneumonia...that was a detox rxn) they ditch the whole thing cuz they get scared. I may have done that if I felt there were other options, but I knew there were none (we had tried it all!!). My hpath was convinced that I was going to quit when my son went into the ICU with pneumonia. She didn't know who she was dealing with LOL

Anyway, best of luck! and I know about the husband...mine shook his head right before I have the first dose of remedy and he said, "there's no way this is gonna work". But my son woke up a different child the next day and my husband's eyes popped out of his head! He said "THAT KID JUST DID A 180!!". Coming from a man who is not easily excited about anything LOL

Thank you kimballot! I just hope my story can serve to inspire moms to persevere, no matter which healing modality they are using. I honestly believe that God heals these kids when the time is right, regardless of modality. I also think moms have to provide lots of positive healing energy, prayers, love to these kids. That's probably the biggest aspect of all. Took me awhile to put it all together like that. PANDAS is such a challenge cuz it takes soooo much out of mom:(

My own remedy has made me pretty unshakable, has allowed me to be more positive and stable with my boys. It's like we are all spiraling upward together... simply amazing! strangely, my husband is only getting about half the benefit of his remedy. but he is intolerably non-compliant about things...sigh.

strep nosode tends to be the most important one (there are several different types which I order from overseas), but each child is prescribed a constitutional remedy which is based on his/her unique symptom picture. There are sooo many for pandas, that's why I usually don't mention which ones we use, it's kind of pointless (and can be dangerous if someone self-prescribes really). BUT, my oldest and I take ignatia and my youngest takes thuja (never never give this one without the consent of a homeopath please...it tends to target vaccine injury).

I wish I could help further. It's not like taking supplements where we can all share which ones, how much, etc. Homeopathic remedies are very deep acting...

We have decided to work with a ND and are also starting to use some remedies (just belladonna at this point to help with the rages). More will be added as we get her through the intensive phase with constitutional hydrotherapy. We are experiencing some of that detoxing at the moment, and I appreciate you mentioning it as it is scary to watch.

DD is currently showing many skin reactions as we get further into this (something she has not had in this severity ever) - I can see why people stop as I have questioned myself if this is helping, or even making her physically worse! Once explained to me (return of old symptoms), it makes much sense and I am glad I was able to have an upfront discussion with the ND to clarify. It is actually amazing to watch when viewed from the curiousity of healing, tough though as her parent...

We are seeing much progress - before working with ND, at the end of march, dd's infection caused three intensive weeks of behaviors. She just had another infection last week, and behaviors were up and then gone in 5 days. Much to celebrate!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

How do I find a good homeopathic practioner? I live in NYC.

Our homeopath is located in NYC. I do my consults via skype but you could also go to her office if you wish.

www.asdhomeopathy.com

Pierre is the main homeopath, his wait is long and consult fee is very high.

Angelica is who we see, shorter wait, lower fees and very very good :)

If I remember right, she is at Lexington and 32nd. haven't been to their office in a year...

Edited by Stephanie2

We have decided to work with a ND and are also starting to use some remedies (just belladonna at this point to help with the rages). More will be added as we get her through the intensive phase with constitutional hydrotherapy. We are experiencing some of that detoxing at the moment, and I appreciate you mentioning it as it is scary to watch.

DD is currently showing many skin reactions as we get further into this (something she has not had in this severity ever) - I can see why people stop as I have questioned myself if this is helping, or even making her physically worse! Once explained to me (return of old symptoms), it makes much sense and I am glad I was able to have an upfront discussion with the ND to clarify. It is actually amazing to watch when viewed from the curiousity of healing, tough though as her parent...

We are seeing much progress - before working with ND, at the end of march, dd's infection caused three intensive weeks of behaviors. She just had another infection last week, and behaviors were up and then gone in 5 days. Much to celebrate!!!

Love Belladonna! I have used it several times along with strep nosode for sudden onset pandas. Works like magic. Also, fabulous for fevers:)

Glad to hear of your progress!