ACN Latitudes Forums

Your thoughts- past experience?

I am looking for people's thoughts and/or past experience with anthestia(sp?), tonsillectomies. My daughter is scheduled to have her tonsils and adnoids out this Thursday. She started clindamycin last Tues. She got sick over weekend. Took her to pedi yesterday and she has strep. She started new abx last night-cephalexin.. My pedi.(she is not a pandas supporter) said she would air on the side of caution and push it back but to check with the ENT. The ENT said he would still go ahead and do it. I heard a lot of dr. don't do it when kids are sick and some do. I am curious also why it is not done when sick. I want to wait. My husband wants to go for it. We need to make a decision by end of day. Ithought other people's experience might help us make a more informed decision.

Again, thank you for any thoughts given. It is always helpful and appreciated.

My daughter (mild PANDAS) was positive for strep about a week before her T&A, we still went ahead and did it. They kept her on abx through the surgery, and did an iv abx during the surgery and she did well.

Just our experience.

I would wait. She will just of had 2 days of antibiotics. You would want more antibiotics than that if not recent strep. Remember this is an elective surgery.(Is that ENT planning a vacation or something? I am surprised he would do the surgery.)